• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How long it took for your first Ace.

It took me a little over 2 years to get my first and only ace. I actually got it on a hole that I never would've imagined anyone getting an ace on. It was a windy day and I got it on a right turning hole (I throw RHBH).

Gat my 1st one at a pitch and putt course in about 6mnths gat my 1st one at a real course about a year later.

Took me a little over a month, albeit on a short, 185 foot hole. I'm well aware that it may be years before I get my next - my playing partner is really good, has been playing for 4 years, and has ONE ace, with countless splashouts and basket hits. I've seen him hit the basket or splash out 5 times in three months, twice in one week. BRUTAL.

Started playing last August and just got my 1st ACE over the weekend (Stoked!). So, about a year and four months....

About 6 months. I was a noob and threw a Flash on a 165' hole. (now a putter hole) Pure luck and since then (about 2 years) I've only hit metal twice.

3.5 years. Then I got 3 more within 3 months. It's addicting.

A friend from college got an ace on his 6th hole ever played! (180ft downhill)
I don't think that record will ever be beaten...

It took me three years to get my first ace...and after that I got 1 per month for the next 3 months...but aces are basically 'bad shots gone right' anyway

Since I'm at work, and my first ace disc is at home, I'll take the educated guess and say it took just over a year. I have hit 12 more since...some in bunches, some when least expected, 2 of them called shots, and all very legitimate aces!!

That's an extremely easy question: not ONE damned ace here :thmbdown:

Almost a decade of a dry spell. I just got an Ion though, so hopefully that will help.

Got my first this summer,after 10 years, with a Glo Roc while playing a red-tee round with mids and putters

Playing almost 18 years, no aces. Plenty of Chains, rip thru, medal.

ouch. thats a long time. 3 months for me. been playing almost 3 years now and only have 6. a guy I know hit his first 2 aces on back to back days in a tournament on two diff courses. double ace pot.

I got my first one within about 10 rounds of starting disc golf, totally lucky shot on a hole of about 160ft. Then it took a couple years before I got another.

This seems to happen a lot, that noobs will get one early on, then when they get more serious about golf, no more aces for a long time.

I guess it is a natural progression, start off trying to throw every shot in the chains, then learn to play smart and try to get the shots to finish in the circle. A lot less aces that way!

My first 2 Aces were "bad shots gone good" first was last Dec about a month and a half after I first picked up one of those frisbee "discs". It was in a tourney, didn't get in the ace pot because "no way in heck "I" was gettin an ace" but it was a CTP hole for $50. All of my aces but #2 were in tourney's or mini/club tourneys which is kinda cool. Just hit a year playing this past Oct so I still list them in my sig ;)

Latest posts