• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many back up disc of the same Mold do you carry

HOW MANY SPARES DO YOU CARRY ?

• 1 extra

Votes: 37 52.9%

Votes: 13 18.6%

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • 4-5

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • 6-7

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • 7-8

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • 8-9

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am like Midnightbiker and soft Magnets NEVER ENOUGH

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
I only carry a back up of one disc, which is the Drone, and it's not technically a backup. I have one in Z plastic that I use through tight wooded shots or if I need it to skip at the end and I'll use the Pro-D if I need a softer landing.

I normally have atleast 3 wizards and atleast 4 Flat Top Glo Rocs in my bag. If we are talking total I have I think 20+ wizards, I go throw phases where I like different plastic type, and I have 10+ Flat Top Glo Rocs with another 25 or so regular rocs. I don't know where they come from lol.

I don't carry as many backups as much as different weights. carry 3 teebirds, 4 sinuses (two of each mold), 2 cores, and two firebirds.

however, backups I am out of control. I think I have at least 12 11x teebirds, 7 cores, 9 buzzzes, probably 18 valks. and those are just estimates. I'll probably cry when I finish inventoring everything. i smell a fire sale coming...

I don't carry as many backups as much as different weights. carry 3 teebirds, 4 sinuses (two of each mold), 2 cores, and two firebirds.

however, backups I am out of control. I think I have at least 12 11x teebirds, 7 cores, 9 buzzzes, probably 18 valks. and those are just estimates. I'll probably cry when I finish inventoring everything. i smell a fire sale coming...

If any of those 11X Champ TeeBirds go up in the fire sale and are red (not as important as weight really) and 168-169, I'd like to stake a claim to them. :D I wish I'd bought more of them when I had the chance.

As for the poll, I carry:
1 backup of my main drivers (Force, Groove, Surge, TeeBird)
1 each of my specialty discs (Valk - thumber, Flick - trouble shots, Impact and Stratus - still trying to decide if these two deserve a place in the bag. They're kind of obsolete with the Buzzz and TeeBird in my bag)
As for mids, I only carry:
1 of each (Drone, Z Buzzz - 170, Buzzz-GT - 177) because I don't throw them beyond 200'. If I'm near water, I'll sacrifice the Z Buzzz
Putters:
1 CryZtal Challenger and 1 Soft Banger-GT

I'm starting to develop an arsenal of my go-to discs, though. Love trading on here.

2 of each when playing and of my favorites, 5 or more in stock.

I only have duplicate KC Pro Aviars (2) in my bag. I have duplicates of some other discs, but just don't carry them. They will be at home if I lose my bagged disc.

If I find a disc that really is working well for me, I make sure that I get a backup for it if I don't already have it when I "cash" out in a tourney. During a round, I don't carry any backups with me, but I have a complete tourney bag of backups for everything I do throw in a seperate bag in my trunk. That way if I lose one during a round, I've got a backup ready to go in my trunk. Only thing I carry 2 identical discs in my bag is my blowfly. I have one that is about a year newer than the other, and that one I use as my approach disc, the other "worn" one is my putter.

I carry 2 of everything besides my Chains San Marino Aviar, and ROC.
2 - Wizards
2 - Wraiths
2 - Boss's
3 - Teebirds
3 - Comets
1 - Ching ROC

But I have 2 boxes of backups, and 3 boxes of misc stuff
Backups: 10 - SS wizards, 3 glo med Wizards, 10 - beadless San Marino Aviars, 5 - JK Pro Aviars, 3 - 11X Rocs, 10 - Ching Rocs, 3 - ESP Comets, 4 - Elite Z Comets, 4 - Elite X Comets, 10 - Champ Teebirds, 4 -DX Teebirds, 4 - Star Teebirds, 5 - Pro Wraiths, 3 - Champ Wraiths

I carry one back up to my primary driver. At home I'll keep a couple of backups of molds I really like. Plus I now have a putter bag with 11 copies of my putter. (I think I'm going to start carrying this in the work truck.)

I'm currently carrying 1 backup Surge, 2 backup Predators, 1 backup Teebird, 1 backup Buzzz, and 2 backup Voodoos.