• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many courses are in your "normal" rotation?

How many courses are part of your normal rotation?

• Total voters
Spoiled a tad by course density. These are just the local courses that I play at least 8 times a year. If I counted the courses within 100 mile radius that I play 2 or 3 times a year it would be more like 25.

Mt Airy
Osage Grove
Idlewild
Lincoln Ridge
Turtlecreek
Williamsburg Community Park
Boone Woods Park
Monroe community park
William Harbin Park
Mason Sports Park (great 9holer)
Gulley Park
Winton Woods

Last edited:
My home course is North Port Charlotte, and I play it at least weekly. North Ft Myers maybe monthly. Water Tower, Lakeview and/or Payne in Sarasota sporadically. And I try to play the Tampa and other Ft Myers area courses at least once a year each.

I am also trying to get out and play the other Florida courses that I can reach in a day trip.

I am curious where the people who voted "20 or more" live. 20 courses+ multiplied by playing them 6+ times means a lot of driving where I live, besides most of the courses aren't worth playing more then 2-3 rounds a year.

80+% of the time I play it is at the same 2 courses. There are 8 courses that I visited more than one time last year. Though I did play ~19 new courses.

most people simply dont have that many courses within reasonable driving distance. I have played a bunch of courses this year, and I am lucky to have a local scene has 10+, but we usually only go to 2 or 3 of them. A few are pay-to-play (not unreasonable cost but still there), some are just too far of a drive, 2 are "private," many are simple 9 hole loops, and yet another is a target course that just doesn't offer a ton of challenge.

I am curious where the people who voted "20 or more" live. 20 courses+ multiplied by playing them 6+ times means a lot of driving where I live, besides most of the courses aren't worth playing more then 2-3 rounds a year.

80+% of the time I play it is at the same 2 courses. There are 8 courses that I visited more than one time last year. Though I did play ~19 new courses.

Charlotte would be a good guess...

I marked 5 or less. We have 2 in Billings and the next closest(worth playing) is 2 hours away. Totally worth the 2 hour drive to Bohart Ranch, nicest course in the state, but definitely don't play more than 10ish rounds a year over there. I'm alright with it though, between Diamond X and Bohart, I'm about as lucky as any disc golfer that has 30 courses in the same radius. Quality not quantity.

Im sure there are some retirees in my area that hit 20+ courses at least 8-10 times a year. My local area (50 miles from downtown Cincinnati), there are 26 18+ hole courses, and 16 9holers within 25 miles. We are kinda spoiled here, about the only thing we don't have is a big DG complex like hippo or lemon lake....

...well until I win the mega millions tonight...:D

Im sure there are some retirees in my area that hit 20+ courses at least 8-10 times a year. My local area (50 miles from downtown Cincinnati), there are 26 18+ hole courses, and 16 9holers within 25 miles. We are kinda spoiled here, about the only thing we don't have is a big DG complex like hippo or lemon lake....

...well until I win the mega millions tonight...:D

I have 9 18 hole courses, and 21 9 hole course within 25 miles, and most of them aren't worth playing more than 2-3 times per year. There are only 4 4star+ courses within 50 miles, luckily my home course is one of them, needless to say I'm not spoiled(there are ~21 1 star or less courses within 50 miles:\)

Obviously this depends on factors like course density where you live, work, or regularly travel to, how far you're willing drive to play a casual round, personal preferences/disdain for certain courses in your area, etc., but bottom line…

How many course do you play frequently?

Don't include courses you could play frequently but choose not to hit that often, or courses you only play occasionally... I mean courses you will definitely hit at least a dozen times over the course of a year.

I play 3 courses regularly, plus another 4 occasionally. My favorite course is 30 minutes away, second favorite is 5 minutes away. There are 2 more solid courses within 15 minutes.

Let's see, in order of frequency:

Shore Winds Blue
Shore Winds White
Parma
Ellison
Chili
Basil

After that it gets sparse.

Honestly my rotation is tight because I only have 3 courses within 20 miles(and one is a small private course) and only 3 more in the next 20(working to change that). But I probably play a few far flung ones 2-5 times per year because of work. So that's kind of cool too.

I'll play;

Oregon Park 20+
White Oak 5-10
McCurrey 5-10
Sequoia 2-5

And on my travels I played these multiples this past year;
Dretzka-5
Brickyard-3
Rollin Ridge-2
Flip City-2
Dabney-3
Leverich-3

Of those unfortunately I'll probably only get to play the WI ones this year as I don't have any accounts in most of the other states anymore, but hoping to add Blue Ribbon Pines this year to the travel rotation.

My most played are Widefield and Cumberland Green, as both are within 10 minutes of my house. I have now added the Aviary as it is only another 5 minutes away.

Austin

I chose 6-8 which covers all the courses I rotate through with my friends and the ACC Collegiate Team.

Circle C
Met Center
Mary Moore Searight
Roy G. Gurrero
Steeplechase
East Metro (Manor)
I could probably add Zilker as well but I only play that when I go swimming at Barton Springs.
Edit:
Also all of those are about 15 minute drive with Manor being about 25 minutes at the furthest.

I really don't have a rotation. If I'm in the mood to play, I pick a course and head there. Being within driving distance helps.

Cliff Stephens
Coachman
Cypress
Taylor park

Are my main course I play in Clearwater Florida and I get a good mix with those four and all are close to each other I can hit 2 in a day I have off. But if needed a change of pace it's not far to play a different course.

A couple buddies and I play pretty much every Mon. night once it's light long enough. Boone Woods early spring and early fall because we can play it quick. Once DST kicks in it's mostly Idlewild and Lincoln Ridge. Pepper that with very occasional rounds (1-2/year) at Mt. Airy, AJ Jolly, Osage Grove, and Walton.

3 courses would be the "normal" rotation.

Honestly my rotation is tight because I only have 3 courses within 20 miles(and one is a small private course) and only 3 more in the next 20(working to change that). But I probably play a few far flung ones 2-5 times per year because of work. So that's kind of cool too.

I'll play;

Oregon Park 20+
White Oak 5-10
McCurrey 5-10
Sequoia 2-5

And on my travels I played these multiples this past year;
Dretzka-5
Brickyard-3
Rollin Ridge-2
Flip City-2
Dabney-3
Leverich-3

Of those unfortunately I'll probably only get to play the WI ones this year as I don't have any accounts in most of the other states anymore, but hoping to add Blue Ribbon Pines this year to the travel rotation.

You don't hit East Roswell?

I currently only have one in the regular rotation, but it is close enough to ride my bicycle. There are a couple others, but they're 45 minute drives away and hardly worth the drive. I'll hit up monthly league events at those courses, which have alt tee sets, to break up the monotony.

You don't hit East Roswell?

Total brain fart there, they are not close but I play East Roswell and Wills whenever I go that way as well and Perkerson some also. Probably 2-5 for all three.

Latest posts