• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many courses did you play in your first year?

How many courses did you play in your first year?

• 1-2

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • 3-4

Votes: 26 15.6%
  • 5-6

Votes: 22 13.2%
  • 7-8

Votes: 11 6.6%
  • 9-10

Votes: 13 7.8%
  • 10-13

Votes: 13 7.8%
  • 14-17

Votes: 17 10.2%
  • 18-20

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • 20-25

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • 25+

Votes: 26 15.6%

• Total voters
A course a day keeps the doctor away and it's better then an apple.

Only played 2, maybe 3 my first year. There weren't many around Lansing and all I had was a scooter, not something you wanna use for a road trip. This is the first year that I've really been looking for variety (and just found DGCR) so I've added 12 in 5 months, 4 of which I play regularly. I'd say that is pretty good since I go out alone, and have to sneak out cause my girlfriend thinks it's a waste of time.

I think the population of this site skews things away from what the results would be of disc golfers as a whole. The people who are on here posting and active in their first year of disc golf are the ones who are addicted already, and who probably found this site looking for more courses. Most of the people who go out once a month and play their local course probably won't come looking for DGCR.

I'm a noob, I only get to play every so often, but I come here often enough... In fact every time I think about playing and can't, I come here to (somewhat) satisfy the urge. :)

17. 1 in FL when we were visiting my Grandma. 4 in OH, including my home course, the rest in MI, including 2 I played in Lansing when my wife and I (ok, just my wife :D) were watching her friend's kids.

My first year did involve me tearing my ACL playing soccer, getting that misdiagnosed as a torn meniscus, getting the surgery that discovered it was a torn ACL afterall, getting the actual ACL surgery and recovering from that. And I still managed to get ~12 in. Funny thing is, I probably played more DG because it was the only sport I could play on one leg, and now that I've invested so much time and money in it I'm not about to stop. That and I love DG and am addicted to it.

I started when I was 14, so I had to be able to ride my bike or bum a ride. The only course close enough was H.B., so I had only it to work with until I was 18 (when I got my licence). Then I started to play Twila Reid and La Mirada around '92

I don't have my list with me but I am pretty certain I played 31 courses my first year 6/2006-6/2007. I've dropped to high 20's since then but if you look at a map of Boston, Ma you'll see that required a LOT of driving. I hope to pass 100 courses by next June.

Since I started playing in October of last year, I'm still technically in my first year and I'm up to 29 so far.

Made it to 39 in my first year. Looking to hit some more soon. I did a Bowling green trip over this summer and am hoping to hit Charlotte next summer. I hope to be at sixty by the end of 2010.

I think it was just 2 for me. East Park and Slatterly in Rochester, MN the year they were built. ('96) I might have played a few in Colorado that year too.

I've played all of 9 courses in my life. I don't know how you people find the time and energy to take all these road trips. God bless you, but some of you must be independently wealthy with nothing to do. :p

I've only done a few road trips but it helps that the friend who got me into the game are in Va so when I visit them we hit new-to-us courses (because they never leave their local course unless I visit). I've also taken many long days to go hit 4 courses. That adds up after a while.

If you see anyone from Minn or Michigan they're cheating because they have way too many courses out there all clustered together. :p (Who's bitter?)

There were a good number of courses in the area around my house and I spent the summer in the D.C. area so I had the opportunity to branch out. I played around 10 in my first year.

There were a good number of courses in the area around my house and I spent the summer in the D.C. area so I had the opportunity to branch out. I played around 10 in my first year.

2 of my buddies down there live within 10min of Bluemont and after 3.5hrs have not played all the courses in the immediate area. It jsut makes me sad. I've dragged them out to the Grange and Paw Paw though.

Only one, but I wasn't too serious in my "first year," either...if we're talking the first year I started getting really serious, then it'd probably be 10-13, but I voted for the former.

In 1979, with Wham-o frisbees. Windy Gap Young Life Camp in Weaverville NC was my first course. Then we made up a course around the grounds of UVA. Hitting the statue of Thomas Jefferson in front of the Rotunda was the 18th hole.

I am up to 91 now with 4 more played yesterday, unfortunately rain cut me two courses short of my goal for yesterday. 3 months and 2 days to go for the first year! I still have to write 6 more reviews to be caught up with all my courses played.

Three courses in '89: The original Bank Lick Park (subsequently moved /redesigned and recently renamed Lincoln Ridge Park) is where I cut my teeth. I also played Boone Woods because it was there and made a trip or two up to Winton Woods. That was it for many years until the new Bank Lick was in; at the same time I became aware of Mt Airy and others in the Cincy area and started playing them. No sooner was I back in to DG when I moved to western KY and started playing the courses around here. More recently (7yrs or so) I've had the fortune to travel for business and have been able to experience a wide array of courses.

Aside: sorry, I realize this wasn't meant as a "what's you DG bio?" thread...