• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many different ways to play?

sillybizz

Course bagger and Bjork super fan
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
I TD a weekly doubles event and I'm wanting to bring in some new ideas, one of them is a one disc doubles challenge, that's right, 18 holes of random doubles with each person only using one disc.

Can you think of any other fun ideas for a doubles/singles league?

We play our shorter technical course with just putters, and that's always a blast with a big group of people.

Do different doubles formats like alternating and worst shot.

I play a lot of ball Golf with the same group of guys and once a month we play a Match Play style game called Battle Golf. if you win a hole you get to remove one club from your opponents bag (no putters though), or you can replace one that was already taken out of the bag. we generally limit the bag to 10 clubs (includes the putter) when we play because if you were going to lose that many you already lost the match. Plus this makes the players think more strategically as to whether it is wiser to shorten an opponents bag or replace that needed shot in theirs. haven't tried it with disc golf yet, but i assume it would work all the same.

Battle golf sounds really fun but it would be cooler if all the players had a chance to face off against one another to keep it interesting, perhaps 6 hole rounds thus 36 holes would yield 7 teams and 3 hole rounds would serve 14 teams/probably a nightmare to explain/organize that....I think doubles should be as fun as possible, so this is right up my alley...I have a few suggestions:

Safari Challenge-if your team has the box you can choose the tee pad or safari a tee to make it more interesting, this keeps an old course fresh and provides a lot of creativity and fun....you can also give this privelage to the team that lost the prior hole to keep things interesting. Score should be kept in a skins game format so that most hole wins would win the tournament. Safari golf with goofy called Mandos etc. is a hell of a lot of fun for those who never did it...imagine boomerang u-turn hyzer angles and just changing the look/play of the hole completely. You can also do this by plainly alternating the safari rights back and forth.

DOUCHEBAG-similiar to horse or Pig in basketball.....played around one basket maybe the practice basket and everyone is in....you can shoot pooch putts or try to be more creative to knock your opponents out just like horse.....trick shots, behind trees, consistent putting, off hand, call hyzer-anhyzer-overhand-etc.....just a scream to have everyone playing and participating at once. Probably not worthy of a tournament but still a fun quick game that is fun and interesting and could replace ring of fire as far as fun factor IMO.

(more of a singles tourney)in this format it's best to have 2 rounds the first is random draw and then the second round the winners are split and paired with the lowest scoring team and so on down the line....the winner is whatever individual player has the lowest cumulative score.
Eg. Climo and Doss win round one with a 46...Noob and OATBOY have worst score of 74.....in the second round both are split and randomly paired with one another ..in round two Climo and Noob shoot a 60 and Doss and OATBOY throw a 64......in the final talley Climo gets a 106, Doss a 110, Noob a 134, and OATBOY a 138...low score for the day wins tourney (this often would not be the leader of round one and keeps the day very interesting...your always in the money).....you root for your partner but still it's an individual tourney

Crazy Instructions at each hole...for each hole the hole must be played entirely by bizarre rules-
hole 1 throw with off hand/
hole 2 putters only/
hole 3 switch bags with opponent/
hole 4 switch bags with partner/
hole 5 overhands only/
hole 6 sidearms only/
hole 7 eyes closed/
hole 8 drivers only/
hole 9 worst shot/
hole 10 rollers only and hit steel pole to hole out/
hole 11 backhands only/
hole 12 all shots from knees or seated/
hole 13 upside down shots/
hole 14 make your opponent play hole with the worst disc in your bag....makes you pack a dragon, pole cat, or flippy POS/
hole 15 Make your opponent play with worst disc in his own bag...damn I gotta throw my flippy POS
hole 16 360 tee off and 360 shots for each shot
hole 17 no run ups stand and deliver
hole 18 final hole is the only traditional regular format hole
Just would be so much fun and if you can't have fun then why show up....screw PDGA guidelines have fun on your local level!

Blind partner doubles. Everyone plays the course as singles, keeping scores on a scorecard. Then when you get done, you draw to see who your partner is. Then go through the scorecard and whoever gets the better score, the team gets. I.E.....one gets a 3 on hole 1, the other gets a 4, team gets a 3. Takes a lot longer, and is more work, but it's fun!

Great. :rolleyes: A bunch of guys running around nekkid together playing with their disxs. :gross: I know fun...and I don't think that's it. :thmbdown:

Just made this up but here goes.......

Disc Golf Iron-Man!!!

Shotgun a beer at every teebox!!!

The End.........(Literally and figuratively!)

in battle golf you would have a team mate, but you play as though it is singles. like my partner and i would draw a team to play against, then from there you would play head to head against a person from the other team. at the end of the round you combine your score with your partner's for a combined score. so you could have a great round and your parnter could have a horrible one making your score average. its a little tough to explain much easier to show someone...regardless everyone likes to put their own twist on it to make it fun for their crowd.

if you win 4 in 3 you get +4 but your partner looses 5 in 4 whcih is -5 you net -1. highest positive number wins.

Everybody on the card starts with 5 discs. If you win a hole you take a disc from somebody else. If you have more than 1 person that beats the card they would all take a disc from someone else that didn't beat the card UNLESS there are more winners than losers on the card. No discs get taken in that case. You can't have more than 1 disc taken per hole.

you can play smash 'em. it's like skins, but whenever an individual or team loses a hole they have to take a shot, take a bong rip, hit of smack, whatever your poison may be. it makes things interesting when halfway through nine holes half the players are just digging through brush.

you can play smash 'em. it's like skins, but whenever an individual or team loses a hole they have to take a shot, take a bong rip, hit of smack, whatever your poison may be. it makes things interesting when halfway through nine holes half the players are just digging through brush.

Come on guys we play where everyone is invited, that means keeping things clean and legal.

Latest posts