• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How Many Discs Do You Buy Each Month?

I usually start the season with a couple new discs, this year it was the groove, orc and a different plastic for my wizards. During the season I just replace what is lost or worn out.

5-6

Why, is that a problem?

You don't know my wife. She can spend $40 a month getting her nails done, but if I spend $20 on discs , I am in trouble. I get most of my discs in trade, but she still complains about the postage and envelope cost. I have mailed so many discs, they know me by name at the Post Office.

Well, based on my previous order list online and remembering what I bought at tournaments, I'd say I bought about 10 discs in 2008. Oh right, my visit to GGGT in May... make that 15 discs. I also bought 4 discs for my dad and my friend. This year, I'm at 7, as I decided to buy backups to the discs I use all the time in case of loss in the creek at Creekside (PA).

I would say I buy around 5-6 new discs every year. That seems like alot now that I think about it. I have found way more than I bought.

i think i've bought 5 since i've started playing. (started 10 years ago, didn't play for 7 or so, got back into it about this time last year)

i have 14, and the rest were either hand-me-downs from friends, the discs i got in the players pack for volunteering for the 09 StL Open (4), or found discs with no ink on them.

short answer, 5 in 10 years makes .042 per month :)

I have over 200 I have accumulated in the last 6 years- which is about 35/year or about 3/month.

E-Bay and online disc stores are my weakness. I think my postman doesn't look at the address when I get a new disc, he just knows the shape of it and leaves it on my doorstep!!!

I do collect and trade and buy used....so I probably get 1 new/month that I actually buy with the intent to throw. (My wife thinks I have a problem! I tell her disc golf is cheaper than ball golf because it is free. Yet somehow I spend money constantly on this FREE sport.)

In the beginning I really didn't know what was what and what was good for me as a player. I would buy a lot of discs. But now that I really know what I've mastered (KC Aviar, KC Roc, Teebird) I've stocked up on those through trades and credits from cashing at tournaments.

Now that I have a good stock pile, I trade and win them mostly.

I'm with Camgolfer-I will only buy to replace a lost disc. I'd say on average I buy 1 every 2 months.

It's been a while since I actually "bought" a disc, I get them through players packs, CTP's, and "cashing" out in tourneys. It got to the point I got wayyy too many discs, and started giving them away as CTP's for our club, and when I cashed out, I'd get just hats, water bottles, anything but plastic. But this year there has been some new ones come out that sparked my interest, and I've gotten a few. <R-pro discs especially>. Lately my 5 yr. old son has gotten interested, and I go through and get the lightest ones I can for him, he's now at 5 discs.

I bought three discs last year and two so far this year. The rest of the discs I have either found, had people give me or picked up for playing in a tournament. Now, should I ever be blessed with more spending money then sure I would probably end up buysing a couple every month or so. Depends on my needs and if there is anything new that I want to try. Until then I will wait for people to buy them for me, good thing my birthday is less than a month away!

i don't really buy new discs that often, unless i lose one. but lately i've been considering picking up another roc, star tee-rex, and a viper because the ones i have now are getting rather worn in and understable.

It's hard for me to estimate a monthly average, since I tend to buy in surges. I'll go a month or two without buying any, and then my self-control wears down and I go on a 5 or 6-disc buying rampage within a couple of weeks.

I guess that makes me a binge disc buyer. I guess it could be worse. I could be buying expensive things or throwing my money away on gambling. (Haven't hit Roc bottom yet. ;) )