• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many discs do you use per round?

How many discs used per round?

• <=3

Votes: 8 2.0%
  • 4-6

Votes: 74 18.7%
  • 7-9

Votes: 140 35.4%
  • 10-12

Votes: 106 26.8%
  • 13-15

Votes: 43 10.9%
  • 16-18

Votes: 15 3.8%
  • 19-21

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • >21

Votes: 5 1.3%

• Total voters
Nine

1. Star Valkyrie
2. GStar Teebird3
3. DX Aviar
4. MVP Tesla
5. ESP Avenger
6. ESP Avenger SS
7. Crystal Z WaSp
8. Pearly Z Buzz
9. Champion Roc3

Yeah, that one! Today I needed it and I didn't have it! Haven't used my Banshee in a bit so I took it out last week and go figure, today I needed it! Well, need is kind of strong, I wanted it. Grrrrrr!

haha, yeah exactly that's why I carry a full bag.
I really do have a good set-up ( i think) I know there are a lot in there, but when i take into consideration the elements and the course conditions and everything else I'm glad I have several st abilities in several speed categories. I always have a disc for the shot.
Plus I like carrying more discs, just means I can support more companies and enjoy different molds.

While I carry 13 - I typically only use six discs.

1 - putter
2 - neutral midrange
3 - stable midrange
4 - neutral fairway
5 - stable driver
6 - max distance driver - usually a neutral driver I can HF.

unless there is wind or dog legs / obstacles with tight tunnels where I can't shape the line with my mainstays.

Other seven I carry

Understable mid
OS mid
Understable fairway
OS fairway
understable driver
OS driver

one slot open for course specific discs - usually filled by back up max distance driver (typical disc I lose).

I have a big tournament bag with 22 discs - but I never use it.

I am from the "cover the most possibilities possible " camp of bag selection. Moderately. I believe if you want to possibly throw 25 discs, then carry them. I do, however, find there to be sweet spot around 18-22 discs. But that's me. I carry 23 and throw an average of 8-10 molds regularly. But everything is thrown at some point.
I also believe in always carrying the bag you will use in a tournament, for the sake of consistency. No weekend bag for me. No "where's my buzzz ss? My heavy putter? My mini? My other beast?" shenanigans.
Just my backpack bag.

(Except for the stash of 8 discs in the trunk of my wife's car...in case of serendipity)

I usually carry 3 drivers with 1 backup of each, 1 xxx, 2 mids, 2-3 putters. I usually throw most of them. I throw the backups to get them broken in.

Just 4...

1. Pro Destroyer
2. A Thunderbird that works great for just one hole on my home course
3. Some kind of Buzzz
4. Some kind of Aviar putter

I keep a Starfire in my bag on the slight chance I lose my Destroyer in a round.

I carry seven molds, nine discs and rarely throw more than three different discs in a normal round. When the wind kicks up I'll throw a more varied lineup depending on wind direction and speed. (Over with a tail wind, under with a head wind.)

Depends on the course and conditions. But for most of my local courses I can get away with about 3 molds (bolt, ghost, warden). On the bigger courses we have I tend to need some more variety (lots of trees and I tend to need some get out of trouble shots so I take my full bag with about 15 molds.

I only carry about 10-12 discs, and I'll usually throw all of them. The least likely to be thrown is probably my Champ Viper, but it's nice to have around.

Only 3 for me.

1. Innova Champion Boss. I throw this sidearm and do anything I can to avoid having to throw it backhand. I've been throwing it for years and can manipulate the shot enough to avoid a backhand most of the time. I really like it even for shorter layups too - I'll just get some air under it so it'll drop in without bouncing or rolling too much. I get some weird looks with my shot selection when I play with new people though...but hey, whatever works.

2. Discraft Wasp. If I'm forced into a backhand and don't feel like I'm in putting range I go with this one. I randomly found it and actually really like it for midrange layups (when I can't sidearm the Boss).

3. Innova Aviar. My trusty putter! Been using it for years.

I voted 9 because that is about how many molds I carry for a championship level course. 4-6 is more typical though.

I voted 7-9; for most casual rounds I just pack my Nutsac:

3 Drivers: Saint Pro / Saint / Hatchet
2 Midranges: Warship / Tursas
1 Mid-putter: Suspect
1 Putter: Warden

I have beat (and premium plastic) variants of all these molds in my Delta Cart, with a few extra Utility discs added in for good measure when I'm rolling on a "big" course...

Counted today, and I used 18. And it wasn't windy so I didn't use any of the three super OS discs that I carry or my OS fairways.

SO I clicked 16-18, but I wouldn't be unusual for me to be at 21+

I used 9 different discs today through 18 holes. Of the nine discs thrown, three were Wizards and two were Ghosts. Just four molds made up the vast majority of my throws for the entire day (Wizard, Ghost, Firebird, Rival).

I voted 10-12, but if it's an average round on a calm day on the local courses I play most, it's more like 7-9.

Was carrying 9 or so yesterday and threw 4 disc (GStar Teebird, DX Roc, KC Pro Aviar and Magnet).

Didn't finish to bad, shot 61 or 3 over par. I've made drastic leaps considering this is only my 4th or 5th round and my second time playing this course. (First time I shot 68) I really need some understable disc due to a good number of annie holes. So once I get my Leopard3 and Mako3 I could see those coming into play at this course pretty frequently.

Generally I carry 8 and throw all 8, but I just got a Shift and have 17 in it right now. I'm playing with configurations and different discs for different holes, throwing some discs I haven't thrown in months just for fun, so it's a bit more the last couple rounds. I'm sure once the excitement of the new bag wears off, I'll drop back down to about 8 or 9 and carry the rest as backups or utility that won't likely be used in a round.

After 6 months with the Shift, I've cut it down to 14 discs in the bag and am throwing 8 of them most rounds with a core 5 that I pretty much always throw no matter the course, with the others being situational maybe once per round discs.

Latest posts