• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many disk have you lost.

Not gonna lie, i only clicked this because i saw war eagle
I was gonna correct the spelling in the thread title, until I saw it was War Eagle's work... that has an art all its own to it.

I was gonna correct the spelling in the thread title, until I saw it was War Eagle's work... that has an art all its own to it.
I've lost 50 or 60 of these.

Floppy-Disk_web.jpg

i lost a banshee once, but then i ran into the dude who found it on the course and told him he could keep it because it was one of two discs he owned (that one and a roc). he then proceeded to throw it straight as an arrow about 310 feet down a hill, so it's probably better off in his hands than mine

Lost 1, found over 10 now, given all but 4 away.

Those 4 are dx wraiths and no one needs those around here; I would feel guilty for giving them to someone. Thinking about making a homemade basket and incorporating them into it somehow.

i almost loss my champion boss today cause it was getting dark and its my main flick disc, so i drove my truck down an old road by the course and turned my lights on bright and there it was! haha

I've been playing since march. I've probably lost 10-12 discs so far. I've found over 40 and probably returned 32 of them. I've gone out just to look for discs, if I find it and there's no name than it's mine, but I like returning discs.

I've lost 10-12 and had 2 returned.
I've found 40 and kept 8

If you're not loosing discs occasionally, you're likely not risking enough to play up to your potential. Or the courses you play just aren't very risky in that way. (Those courses in city parks that are all open bore me to tears.) That having been said, when I play alone I'll look for an hour if I've lost a prized disc. I loose very few because of this. It amazes me the places those things can hide.

Damn I lost two just in the past few days at new out of town courses...star eagle X at chattooga belle farm, and z force at Alexander park in atlanta...Probably lost 15-20 overall...

I lost 2 the other day, bringing my total to 6 in just under a year of playing, but since most of the courses I play have very thick "rough" (Wisconsin), I don't feel too bad about that. I've also found at least 30 (mostly in the river at my home course), so I'm well ahead in the lost-found dept.:hfive:

well over 50 I would say in my years of playing. But I play VERY difficult courses, and I stop looking pretty quickly. I mean its just a piece of plastic.

Found way more then I lost though, but you never find anything you want to throw.

I've lost 10 or so permanently since I began playing. I say "permanently" because I'm not including the discs that have been returned.

Speaking of losing discs, I lost my favorite Champ Banshee about 2 weeks ago; I threw it a little too hard and it soared past the basket and ended up in some of the thickest underbrush that I've ever seen, which caused me to not "see" the disc. A friend and I searched for about 40 minutes, and then gave up. All I could do at that point was hope I received a call from a benevolent player that my disc had been found....

About a week later I received a call from a blocked number, asking if I had lost a red Banshee. I confirmed that it was mine, and then proceeded to thank the guy for calling. He asked where I live, to which I replied Madison (WI). Then this is the point where I became really, really pissed; he responds, "Well, I'm up in Green Bay. You're too far away, so I'm not gonna give it back and I'll keep it." Then the f#@ker hangs up! Green Bay is ~2.5 hrs from Madison, so the jackass found it, took it up north, and then called me.

If I ever see someone playing with that disc when I play the courses near Green Bay, there will be an ambulance visiting the park....

lemme think, champ sidewinder (this was my favorite and i even found it too), champ wraith (also found it) star orc (also found it, lost it the next day), dx roc (i'm pretty sure i just left it lying somewhere), elite Z buzzz (that was a really weird way to lose it on like a 50 foot throw). On the plus side i've found 11 discs, 1 of which i returned(suprisingly the only one with a name on it). and all of this is in only about 3 months of playing. My course is extremly rough in some parts though, and its very easy to lost discs.

Latest posts