• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many here still have your very first disc.

TeeJay88

Bogey Member
I was just looking through my box of plastic to see if there was anything I might want to toss in my bag and I grabbed my very first disc my brother bought me 8 or 9 years ago to go discing with him. Elite Z Hawk, I wanna throw it but I dont want to loose it.

CE Teebird. First disc won at tournament in 1998. Fishbone dye. Still carry in bag, but thrown only when no chance to lose.

man i could not remember that in a million years. The earliest one that i can remember is the whippet but it was not my first and its long gone!

Nope. It was a DX Eagle. Didn't take the game seriuosly at all. Found a tye-died disc that was an unknown mold, never bothered to find out what it was. Lost em both.

Started up seriously by buying a Star Wraith. Lost that too, and the one I bought to replace it. :)

i played a lot of ultimate back in college (2000 maybe?), and during winter offseason, my girlfriend got me a couple discs and a discraft bag for christmas. i had never played before but i gave it a shot the next spring and was hooked. in the bag was a sweet stratus driver, an elite MRV midrange, and a few putters. i stopped playing for a few years but kept all the discs. i still have them but now don't put them in my bag, as i just assumed they weren't worth much to my game. The other day she took the car and my bag was in it, but my friends wanted to go play a round, and all i had were these discs. i ended up parking that MRV within 20 feet on at least 7-8 holes and was rolling that stratus for miles. i think they'll find their way back in the bag. i think i might keep my girlfriend too. we'll see.

Still have my initial three discs:
Discraft tracer
Innova Protostamp spider
Discraft z xs

All are atleast 11years old. I still carry the tracer (thumber) and spider (flick) to get out of trouble on wooded holes when necessary.

DX Wraith, DX Shark were my first two purchases. I gave them both away, I kinda regret it. Wraith to my dog, and shark to idk. 3rd and 4th were esp surge and z avenger ss, buddy of mine lost the avenger ss, I still throw my ESP Surge. :D

Apparently the classic roc that is available today doesn't have a rim like mine. Mine is more like the regular roc. It doesn't really mater because it is split 2/3 across it so I can't throw it anyway. I just thought I would share my findings.

The first time I bought discs, I bought a Buzzz, Predator, and Challenger (all ESP FLX). Sadly, the Buzzz was stolen from the fairway one day while I was playing like a week after I got it :(
I still have the Predator in my bag, and the Challenger moves in and out of my bag from time to time as my putting preferences change.

Don't use it any more, but still have 1 of the first 2 discs I bought. DX big bead Aviar with MaceMan 's stamp - Quit your job Play disc golf. Got it at the 2001 USDGC. And no, I didn't get a CE Roc. Had no idea what they ( or any Roc) were.

My first purchase was a dx rhyno, champ coyote, and champ sidewinder. Lost the SW and the coyote, still have the rhyno. It's retired

I still have mine, its a 27 year old pink 165 gram DX XD. Back in the day it was a driver. I have my second one as well 26 year old yellow DX XD 168 gram. And my 3rd I have it but its dead, a first run DX ROC warped and cracked. There all very beat, dont have any of them in my bag, my daughter uses the 165 XD as a putter though when she want to play.

Didnt play for 25 yrs and just picked up the sport again recently.

First disc I bought in 1996 was a 170 g. tournament pro Comet w/ planet stamp.

This disc has NEVER left my bag, and I still throw it a couple times a round, not counting the times I actually putt with it.

My first disc (given) was a DX Viper that met it's demise in the Spokane River
The first disc I ever purchased I'm pretty sure was a Viking and it also met it's demise in the Spokane River.
The First mid I ever bought was one of the First Run Star Cro's. Still have that disc.

Latest posts