• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many here still have your very first disc.

My first disc was a DX Valk. I used that for the first few weeks at a very wooded course. Now it looks like a dog chewed it up and is so flippy it is impossible to use. I'll probably hold onto it longer than any of my other discs.

My first was a Latitude 64 Havoc. I still have it even though I had to find it at a play it again after it had been lost for months. I retired it.

My first disc was a 164g 2X beast. I put it in a creek a little over a month later. I couldn't find it, but I did find a 175g beast that a friend still throws and an 11X Eagle that floats in and out of my bag.

My first disc was a dx valkery I found the first time my friend showed me disc golf lost it in a sewege runoff lake. After that I bought a champ wraith and a dx orc. The wraith was my first ace disc lost it in that same **** hole lake.

batslippers.jpg

First disc was a SE Teebird I bought back in 99 or 00. My next disc was a SE Soft Rhyno. I had no clue what I had my hands on and they are both long gone.

I lived in San Diego in 99' and played a little at Morley before moving & taking a 10 year break from the game. At the time I bought a dx eagle that's in the garage somewhere & a Fusion Tank that is in my bag right now.

I bought a Starter set in Champion plastic for my first three discs. The Champ Valk sits at the Bottom of the lake at La Mirada. The Champ Panther and Champ Aviar Driver are somewhere in my collection but I have moved on from them.

My sister introduced me to disc golf when I was visiting her in Dallas. Since I like cats, I picked out a DX Cheetah from her collection of discs she had bought at the second hand store to use on my first round. I promptly lost it in some weeds on the other side of a river. Later a course was put in a few minutes from my house back in Kansas. My 7th grade son and I took to it with our Wham-o Frisbees. Soon we scraped together some money and headed to Dick's Sports to buy our first two discs: A DX Cheetah and a DX Shark. Not long afterwards my son grip locked the Cheetah right into the local pond the course is built around. The Shark survived and faded after it became part of the décor in my son's fish tank. A year later, after the fish were given away, the Shark found its way into our "guest bag". Recently I noticed it wasn't in there anymore. I think one of my "guests" left it by accident on the course. I'm still waiting for my phone to ring telling me it's been found!

150g DX Aviar P&A

Technically I got the 3-pack starter set, but I lost the Shark and Leopard long ago.

This was the 1st golf specific disc that I bought. Yes, I still have it!

picture.php

I'm only two years in, but I lost all three of my first discs, which was the Innova 3 pack deal. DX Shark was the first to go on #13 Simsbury in Pickerington, OH. I'm still convinced a monster ate that disc in the thick rough. My DX Viking was next, #10 on the same course. My Aviar was the last to vanish, on a stupid tomahawk over trees that rolled right into the Delaware Lake on #1 Gordon Holton Memorial DGC. I still have my first Gateway putter, a baby blue SSS Voodoo, which is much more dear to me than the Viking, Shark, and Aviar combined.

My first disc(s) were a DX Eagle and a DX Wolf. Bought them in '03. Still have 'em both, used the Eagle in my profile pic.

As for my years playing... I guess it could be 12? I never played a real course until a few years ago so that's when I put my start date as.

yep. i was given a dx roc and a dx aviar in the spring of '98 and I still have them both, however they are both broken. I kept them for sentimental reasons, they're on my garage wall. Funny, that aviar I was throwing up until this spring, when it cracked. It was the most lovely understable thing you've ever seen, serious hyzerflip sexiness. I was offered $50 for it one day playing catch with it with a newer player.

Still have the KC Pro Teebird I found in a lake while searching for my buddies disc that I was using.

Still have mine... a 4 chain magnet I found at a 7/11 type store in a bin a couple years ago. At the time I had no clue about discs, just felt nice in my hand. And only paid 7.99 for it lol

Unfortunatly one round I threw an up shot that landed directly on top of the basket... The sign sticking out the top of the basket speared right thru my disc. :(

I was more pissed about that then the ce firebird that cracked.