• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many here still have your very first disc.

My first purchase was a sweet, sweet dye Z Reaper. I had it for about 2 1/2 years. It was beat until it was sooooo straight. I gave it a rip- it landed in a group of 3 bushes at the end of the fairway before a 90 left turn to the basket. And I mean like, bushes no taller than 3 feet high each. I looked for almost 2 hours and couldn't find it. I was crushed. I got a new Reaper but it couldn't live up to my beat-to-hell 1st disc and I was forced to move on.

I still miss that Z reaper. I also miss my other pink pearly Z wasp I lost a year or two ago, I still have her twin, but I wish I still had both. Especially since they don't make pearly Z like that anymore. Oh well.

We've still got 2 out of 3 of our very first discs. A victorian green X2 and a green XL. When we first started it was my dad, my brother, and me. My brother and I used X2s and my dad the XL. Sadly the other X2 was lost by my daughter after she completed a full round without losing it. We stopped at the restrooms after our round and she had it by the car door. It ended up falling out and not getting noticed until we'd been gone for most of the day. It had our info. on it, but in true Pueblo fashion, no one ever called.

First disc I borrowed to play was a DX Shark. Consequently bought a CE Leopard and a Tank. Then a Ching Bomb. The Shark was returned, the Leopard ended up in the Bow River on a windy day. Gave the Tank to a friend, still have the Bomb, which was the least of them all to me. Never really liked it, but it will hang around for posterity.

This is the 1st actual disc that I got:

picture.php

Circa 1970. I still have it. Even though it wasn't that great of a flyer, I immediately liked it better than any balls that I had at the time.

I have BOTH discs I bought at first back in like '05

White Star Wraith 175g
White DX Rhyno 175g

The wraith is still in the bag.

i do not have my 1st few discs. i still have my 1st firebird (probably 10th disc i ever got). i lost it in a water hole, i waded for an hour and never found it but a week later my friend found it and returned it.

nope. DX wolf, had it for a long time but I think I passed it on to a kid who was trying to play the course with a bucket lid in SC.

Lost it on hole 12 at Chili. It was a 178g Marauder, white w/ red stamp. Whenever I see people looking for a disc in that spot (which is often) I ask if they've seen it. Stupid inside joke with myself. :rolleyes:

Mine was a 3 pack: aviar p&a; multi-purpose panther, and 154 jk valk. Yes, I still have them.

all of them!

i have my dad's college Wham-O Pro Model that we threw all throughout my childhood.

i have the Marauder(?) that i used as the snare head in my 5th grade makeshift drum set.

and i have the Champ Orc that i started disc golf with.

also have my first tourney stamp disc, aced and retired due to beatness.

2 dx sharks... beat to snot.... late 90's dx. look more like aviars now. very rounded rims.

my brother found a box of my old discs when he moved... had my first disc in it - a Rocket X2.
DSCJNKY

I lost my very first disc. It was given to me. I still have the first discs I bought, champ Valkyrie, dx shark, dx aviar. The shark is beat to near useless. I replaced it with another one and put it on my wall because it has three signatures on the back of it from a tournament ace :D. My Aviar has my one other ace, but the only witnesses were at a playground and I doubt they even knew what DG was. I don't use the aviar anymore, as it is beat and my parents's puppy got a hold of it and chewed on it. I still have the valk in my bag.

Last edited:
I have 2 of the 3...

Still have my champ aviar and champ panther, my Valkyrie is no longer with me :(

I could shape some serious lines with that bad boy.