• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many here still have your very first disc.

Bought my first three discs all at once.

DX Wraith
DX Shark
Lightning #2 Putter

Still have all three.

Yellow Dx Valkyrie, unfortunately it was gone after I played my first water hazard course: Vista Del Camino. It wasn't even me who lost it; my brother threw it backhand too far over the water and I didn't want him drowning or anything over a beat up DX disc.

Alas I do not. I started out with a champ Orc and I used to just muscle the hell out of sidearms on the thing on every shot, but I could crank it almost 350' out of the box. Eventually It ended up 80ft up in a tree somewhere in the foliage, I looked for a half hour and even came back the next morning and never saw it again :\

I started out buying two discs in the summer of 2010.

A DX Beast and a DX P&A Aviar

I used the Aviar all the way up until this year and replaced it with a heavier DX Aviar and I have no clue where I put the beast.

I still have my 40 mold 163 gram #3 glow frisbee that I bought from Tom Monroe, out of his van, in 1977. That was my first weighted golf disc. I threw Frisbee 119 gram 40 molds prior to that.

I originally purchased a DX Viper and a Pro Rhyno at a gas station on the way to the course.

The Viper is long gone, but I still have the Rhyno....have not thrown it for years.

I have 1 of the 3 original discs I started with. That is a blue DX roc. I got rid of my DX Valk because it became so flippy and the Halex putter I was using split in half when I hit a tree. yeah, a halex. I know....bad bad bad disc.

I still have the 150-class Aviar that came in my starter set. The Shark and Leopard are long since gone.

My first discs were a DX valk, DX destroyer and DX Dart. I still have all 3. I primarily used the Valk, since I couldn't control the destroyer, so the NC trees have beat it pretty well. I used the Dart (even though "no one" used it, couldn't justify buying a new one until I discovered the JK Aviar and started using my putter mold for approach shots).

I have 1 of the 3 original discs I started with. That is a blue DX roc. I got rid of my DX Valk because it became so flippy and the Halex putter I was using split in half when I hit a tree. yeah, a halex. I know....bad bad bad disc.

My first set was a Halex set and they were fantastic...ally crappy. I was so mad after I bought them. Haven't used them since I first tried them.

Mine is a Blizzard Katana(go figure). Little did I know, I didn't and still don't have the arm for it(undiagnosed elbow injury aside). Then shortly after that, a DX Aero, I couldn't get rid of that thing fast enough. Followed by 100+ in the next few months, I went a little crazy.
icon_lol.gif

I still have 3 of 4. 10X Roc, 9X Banshee & a SE Valk (now in wifes bag). Gave away the Areo last year to a friend.

CE Teebird. First disc won at tournament in 1998. Fishbone dye. Still carry in bag, but thrown only when no chance to lose.

Love that band---saw 'em several times, most notably at the Moore in '92 in Seattle, just after "Give a Monkey a Brain" came out. Wait---20 years ago, really? Damn, I'm old...

Oh, yeah, first discs. Still got my regular 69 gr. Frisbee from 1967 when I was 8. And still have my glow Frisbee Golf Disc with a big "4" on it, from 1979. :hfive:

First disc was a red dx Archangel that I lost on hole 15 at Moraine, man I'll never forget that throw. My girlfriend was with me and I got so mad that I just left...that and I didn't want to play with a putter. I guess my other first disc (bought at the same time) was my chain seeking magnet...which didn't find a lot of chains for me. I gave that to a group of young kids at schenley park, they wanted to buy a putter and that was just sitting in my car...didn't take their money though.

I got my Innvoa 3-Disc starter set a little less than ten months ago. 150-g class DX Leopard, Shark, Aviar.

The Leopard and Shark are, alas, lost. I still have the Aviar - but it's shelved. I've switched to 175 g Aviars instead.