• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many new courses did you play this summer?

How Many New Courses Did You Play This Summer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It sucks but no new courses for me. I had knee surgery for a micro fracture April 13 and didn't play all summer. Last summer I was trying to get to 100 played and added 18 or 19 to my list. Life goes on lol.

No DG-specific road trips, but I did have a couple of driving trips and picked up a few courses and states along the way. Mostly just course bagging, a nine holer here and there to brake up the drive, or to add a state to the "played" list.

New York (this spring)
Heckscher Forest DGC

Pennsylvania
Shawnee State Park

New Jersey
Mercer County Park DGC

Maryland
Churchville 6

Virginia
J. Frank Wilson Memorial Park

North Carolina
Rockness Monster

Indiana
Shady Pines

The summer isn't over yet

I responded with a dejected zero when this thread first appeared. But the summer isn't over and in the last 2 weeks I played 2 new courses.

First was the sweet and brand new 9 basket course in the park at Porter on the Lake, NY. Nice course, a nice mix and great use of the available terrain. In fact I think I have the first recorded score on the DGCR Scorebook.

The other is another fairly new 18 holer on the Jersey Shore. With Jersey's dearth of courses this one brings a course to the LBI area. Not a bad course either. A little quirky but fun. I'm not a fan of holes around other sports venues. And on 3 holes this one plays alongside 2 baseball fields, a football field andmm its adjoining practice field. Still its a fun course making good use of the Jersey Pine Barrens.

And with a little luck I'll be playing the new course at Lake Erie State Park before the first day of autumn.

I believe I hit 17 this summer. They're starting to blend together at this point between winter, spring, and summer.

Is there an easy way to see the date marked as played on here?

I believe I hit 17 this summer. They're starting to blend together at this point between winter, spring, and summer.

Is there an easy way to see the date marked as played on here?

Wish there was, that's one of the reasons I record my rounds in the scorebook so I can see what I played when.

I played 14 new courses this summer, 17 so far this year.
Got 41 last year, but I took quite a few more trips.

Last edited:
I doubled my course playlist this summer. I had played 20 courses total prior to this year. I bagged 20 new ones this summer.

It sucks but no new courses for me. I had knee surgery for a micro fracture April 13 and didn't play all summer. Last summer I was trying to get to 100 played and added 18 or 19 to my list. Life goes on lol.

Man, that's a long time on the D.L.

Not sure what you consider summer... Memorial - Labor? , June 22-Sept 22 or whatever day its?

YTD is 27 new courses, basically since mid April when the snow finally melted around here. 21 since memorial weekend. 11 since June 22.

Summer Proper:
Rockland Park
Greenfield DGC
Timber Ridge
Ferrum College
Liberty University
Sugaree
Highland Park
Sontag DGC
Ashe County Park
Ft. Hamby Park
Rolling Pines DGC

Memorial Day - :
Codorus Township Park
South Hills DGC
South Mountain DGC
Unami Creek Park DGC
Blue Mountain - Slopeside 9
Blue Mountain - Valley Park
Blue Mountain - Skyline Park
Linesville Park
Villas Crossing DGC
Twin Grove

Mid April - :
Roland Park
Samuel S. Lewis State Park
Signal View DGC
Poor House Farm DGC
Jim Barnett Park
Silver Creek DGC

Not sure what you consider summer... Memorial - Labor? , June 22-Sept 22 or whatever day its?

YTD is 27 new courses, basically since mid April when the snow finally melted around here. 21 since memorial weekend. 11 since June 22.

Summer Proper:
Rockland Park
Greenfield DGC
Timber Ridge
Ferrum College
Liberty University
Sugaree
Highland Park
Sontag DGC
Ashe County Park
Ft. Hamby Park
Rolling Pines DGC

Memorial Day - :
Codorus Township Park
South Hills DGC
South Mountain DGC
Unami Creek Park DGC
Blue Mountain - Slopeside 9
Blue Mountain - Valley Park
Blue Mountain - Skyline Park
Linesville Park
Villas Crossing DGC
Twin Grove

Mid April - :
Roland Park
Samuel S. Lewis State Park
Signal View DGC
Poor House Farm DGC
Jim Barnett Park
Silver Creek DGC

With on point reviews of them all! (I think all, anyway.) Thanks for that.

Played Roland Park after reading your review and had a blast. Thanks again

No DG-specific road trips, but I did have a couple of driving trips and picked up a few courses and states along the way. Mostly just course bagging, a nine holer here and there to brake up the drive, or to add a state to the "played" list.

New York (this spring)
Heckscher Forest DGC

Pennsylvania
Shawnee State Park

New Jersey
Mercer County Park DGC

Maryland
Churchville 6

Virginia
J. Frank Wilson Memorial Park

North Carolina
Rockness Monster

Indiana
Shady Pines

Rockness Monster is not a nine holer. If you play the secret dragon and the 3 nwe holes, there is a respectable 22 holes there. Add the elevation into the mix and you have a hidden gem in Roxsboro.
Too bad you didn't have a full day as Sasquatch and Kraken are nearby to complete the monster trio.

Only 5 from this May...which is weeeeaaaak. :\ :(

Edit: Although, now that I think about it, I was out of commission for a bit with a balky elbow....but still. :\

Okay, feeling better about this list now after the last couple of weeks. :D

May- Sept: 14 new courses
Leila Arboretum (Battle Creek, MI)
Irving Park (Battle Creek, MI)
Cold Brook (Climax, MI)
Forest Park DGC (Brazil, IN)
Deming Park (Terre Haute, IN)
Gilbert Park DGC (Altamont, IL)
Lake Land College DGC (Mattoon, IL)
Lohmann Park (Urbana, IL)
Riverfront Park (Bourbonnais, IL)
Shu Pond DGC (Oconto, WI)
Pierce Park (Appleton, WI)
Mikel J. Wittkopf Memorial DGC (Oconto, WI)
Oakwood Community Park (Delafield, WI)
Wil-O-Way Grant Park (South Milwaukee, WI)

I hit up a few new ones. This summer I hiked the Long Trail in Vermont. While all the walking kept me away from disc golf, I did take the time to visit a few of New England's courses along the Trail. I especially liked Pyramids!

27 new courses since May 13th. 41 new courses so far in 2015. Currently sitting at 198 courses and trying to figure out where I want to go for #200.

Sioux Passage was #100 in 2013 for me.

Sadly, only 5 this summer, but I've been busy firefighting, yet I did get all the new courses near Bend and Long Glade out by John Day. I do have a 25-course trip planned for N. CA starting next week, and 20 to hit in mid-state MS this winter. Been a long summer on fires, but feeling mostly recovered and ready for R&R!

I added one more by playing Hiestand Park last week while traveling for work. Great course and Glide's shop is sweet. Perfect choice by my guide, thanks HC!

Cannan Disc Golf Adventures- Sandhills
Cannan Disc Golf Adventures- Riverbend
Brackets Bluff
Chester State Park- Advanced
Chester State Park- Rec
South Mountain Disc Golf
Rolling Pines DGC
Highland Hills DGC
Garner Webb University

Not as many as I would like, but these will do.

Now that the summer of 2015 is officially over here in Southern California, here is my complete list of new courses played in 2015:

Coincido Park, AZ
Sweetwater, AZ
Show Low DGC, AZ
Wood Land, AZ
Cottonwood Riverfront Park, AZ
Zalud Park, CA
Kings River DGC, CA
Turtle Rock Park, CA
Kirkwood DGC, CA
North Tahoe Regional Park, CA
Sierra College DGC, CA
Zephyr Cove, NV
North Tahoe Lions Club, NV
The Ranch, NV
Mountain Pride DGC - Murietta, CA
Slippery Rock University, PA
Moraine State Park, PA
Knob Hill Park, PA
Deer Lakes Park, PA
Mohave Narrows DGC - Victorville, CA
Gordon Holton Memorial DGC - Delaware, OH
The Players DGC - Galena, OH
Canaan Riverbend DGC, Rock Hill, SC
Black Mountain Golf & Country Club - Las Vegas, NV (Temp Course should be permanent)
Hilo Coffee Mill DGC - Mountain View, HI
Kahului DGC - Kahului, HI
Mackenzie State Park - Pahoa, HI
Naniloa Volcanoes Golf Club - Hilo, HI
Napili Park - Napili, HI
Desert Sands DGC - Palmdale, CA
Mills Park - Carson, CA
Private Anderson Park - Carson, CA
Liberty Park - Cerritos, CA
Twila-Reid Park - Anaheim, CA
Frontier Park DGC - Tustin, CA
Deerfield Community Park - Irvine, CA (Not really a new course, but a redesign.)
Lake Forest Golf Park - Lake Forest, CA
Sunset Park, - San Marcos, CA
Montiel Park DGC - San Marcos, CA

I have already played 6 new courses since New Years Day 2016 bringing total up to 304+ played.

Here is the list of all new courses played in 2016:

Mast Park - Santee, CA
Olive Glen DGC - El Cajon, CA
Valley Center Community Church - Valley Center, CA
Paloma Del Sol DGC -Temecula, CA
CSU San Marcos DGC - San Marcos, CA
Colina Park DGC - San Diego, CA

Latest posts