• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many PDGA events have you played?

If I had to guess, I would say around 15-20. I haven't played in a sanctioned event since the late 90's. I prefer non sanctioned events myself, and usualy play in 4-5 of those a year.

I've played 114 since I joined the PDGA (10/2000) and there were a couple more that I played prior to joining. I think I'm at about a half-dozen that I've run without playing as well.

I haven't played in a sanctioned event since the late 90's.

Damn. I was hoping to be #2 behind Houck* on the list of "DGCR posters with longest time since last PDGA tourney". My last one was Sep 2002 -- over 10 years now!

Unless you count USDGC Monday Qualifying as a non-sanctioned "event", I haven't played any event I can think of since an Ice Bowl probably 7 or 8 years ago.

*I'm assuming Houck played a PDGA-sanctioned golf tourney at some point in his past.

I've run more sanctioned events than I've played in the past 3 or 4 years. In fact I haven't played in an event in over two years but have run 2 a year. Went from 1994 to 2008 with out playing in any sanctioned events. Played in a couple a year from '89/90 through '94.

Damn. I was hoping to be #2 behind Houck* on the list of "DGCR posters with longest time since last PDGA tourney". My last one was Sep 2002 -- over 10 years now!

Unless you count USDGC Monday Qualifying as a non-sanctioned "event", I haven't played any event I can think of since an Ice Bowl probably 7 or 8 years ago.

*I'm assuming Houck played a PDGA-sanctioned golf tourney at some point in his past.

He has, He has some stories from tournaments that I've heard when he is stalling for time waiting for updated info at a players meeting. :D

Something about a roller going all the way up a hill, around the basket and back down the hill behind the tee box. No knowing what to do (early days) he thows the same shot from the tee box. It rolls up the hill, around the basket and back down the hill behind the tee box. So he trys it again.... aparently the guy keep tryring this shot untill the updated info arrives ;)

2006 - 04
2007 - 03
2008 - 08
2009 - 09
2010 - 14
2011 - 12
2012 - 07

59 Total (57 as a member and 2 prior to joining PDGA)

ZERO. I just can't manage to muster up the money to pay for the membership. Every time I'm close, I end up buying discs or something I'd rather have than a membership.

Only three of the tournaments I've played in since (finally) joining the PDGA last fall have been sanctioned. It's tough to get into a sanctioned tournament around here. Out of the 20 or so tournaments that take place every year in the greater Indianapolis area, only one is PDGA sanctioned... the guys who organize most of the events here have no love for the PDGA.

2008-2
2009-3
2010-10
2011-6
2012-16

Total-37

already getting my schedule ready for next year, 20-25 events

The USDGC a few weeks ago was my 226th PDGA event.

In this, I have played...
Am Worlds (1)
Pro Worlds (2)
Am World Doubles (1)
Pro World Doubles (1)
US Doubles (1)
USDGC (1)
NT's (2)

I've won 1 intermediate event, 8 advanced events and 1 open event. My highest rated round in this stretch has been 1074.

Last edited:
44 PDGA events since 2008.

This is my first year playing disc golf and I will have 14 in 2012.