• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many people play disc golf in the snow?

Starwraith169

Par Member
I just got done today playing 2 rounds of disc golf in about 10 inches of snow. It varied in depth depending on the area, but that what we averaged it at. Anyway, I know that there are people in CO that play in the snow, but was wondering if people from back east play in the snow and if so, what are your techniques are for tracking down a disc?
I personally tape a piece of string on the underside of my disc and when it burries itself into the ground, the piece of string is hanging out. Just thoughts about what other people do to keep their discs in sight in these hardcore months

Snowshoe Disc Golf is the ****! Well, not really, but at least it keeps your arm sorta limber in the down season!

hey, considering my old home course used to be used to Chabot Park in San Leandro, I will take this course anyday. Although within the next 6 months I am gonna be back packing up shop and moving back down to the bay area. I love that place. Specially La Raza. great 9. Although I like Hellyer also. Well hell, I like just about any course I can play without getting my feet numb

I am going out to play in the snow. Not much snow, but its still there. Cold as S^&* though.

I haven't played in deep snow yet, but plan on playing through the winter this year now that I have a course near by. Luckily we haven't gotten much snow yet, so there is no build up on the groud at this time. Just cold right now, but still out playing 3-5 times a week.

Skiing and discing in the same day is the sh!t. I'm in fo sho! :thmbup:

Im like the postman. Neither rain, nor sleet, nor snow will stop me from discin!

Actually I hate playing in the rain, but if you live in Michigan and want to play year round you gotta play in the snow.

I play in the snow. My only complaint (besides the obvious) is I don't play many solo rounds in the snow. Same goes for glo.

A spotter is a big help with snow and at night, I wouldnt want to play solo in snow or dark. Although I enjoy playing solo during the day time in the summer. Good to see all the MI boys chime in on this topic.

only if i'm DYING to play. i hate being outsied period when it's under 50º. (yes, i am a pussy.)

that being said, snow rounds are a lot of fun.

Bring red discs.
Avoid spike hyzers, throw flat.
Insane distance adding skips are possible once the top gets crusty, usually early in the day, but dont try this on fresh pow pow.

we never have to worry about snow in Arkansas because we get maybe .5-1" of snow a year
it sure is cold out there on the course though

Just played 6 holes around my Dixie Lee DGC at home. My 5 year old wanted to build snowmen instead so I stopped after six. My biggest problem was that I wasn't prepared properly to dry my hands and the discs. So I had throws slipping out of my hand early and going left. I'll know next time.

well, to all my snowbound bretheren, take my advice and use the string technique. It works wonders and doesnt really hinder the flight path of the disc too much. Just make sure it is centered in the middle of the underside. Keep it real, and when spring comes, you'll be that much better.