• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many putters?

I carry 13 discs total and 5 are putters. 2 Yeti's which is my main putter and its backup. A KC Pro Aviar for approaches and drives. A Soft Ion for certain situations such as fast greens. And a beat DX Glow Aviar for understable duties.

Three for me.

EZE Pure, Putting.
Opto Pure, Straight drives and upshots.
SS Wizard, Right turning drives and upshots.

Chris540

Usually 2. an aviar P&A for putting, and a big bead aviar for approaches. If there's really strong headwind, I might add a rhino.

Usually 2 Omega SS, an Omega SS Big Bead, a Z Zone, and my main putter which is a Magnet.

I have 1 Omega SS for under stable, 1 for straight, the Big Bead for overstable and the Z Zone is for utility shots.

3 Clutches, one for circle-ish putts, one for drives and stable approaches, one for longer runs.
1 Sonic for floaty approaches, flick turnovers, warming up, and having a ton of fun.
I also carry a Zephyr because it's just so much fun to throw.

I'm a putter hoarder with boxes at the house and I carry the following every round:

1. Glow Magic (main putter)
2. SS Magic (approaches with no trees in sight)
3. S Magic (approaches with trees, wooded)
4. SS Wizard (off the tee and approaches, putter only rounds)
5. Chalky Wizard (windy approaches or otherwise)
6. RFF Wizard (approaches and/or putts when I want it to stick when it hits ground if I miss, also the best catch disc ever with friends)
7. SS Magic (1 of 4 for putting practice)
8. SS Magic (2 of 4 for putting practice)
9. SS Magic (3 of 4 for putting practice)
10. SS Magic (4 of 4 for putting practice)

I love them all and used every one at least once today. :D

KC Aviar x 2, 1 putts only / 1 thrower
CE Aviar main thrower
Pro Pig - Overstable

I carry 5:
M Anode: fairway drives (short) long and short putts
Supreme JuJu: was replaced by my Anode as my main putter still use it for safe putting
Pro Pig: head wind aproaches flex shots and spike hyzers
Pro Pig 150: same as other pig but also water holes cuz it floats :thmbup:
JK Pro Aviar: putter I let beginners in my group mess around with

As a side note I'd say carrying more than a couple putters is a bad idea until you truly understand what you like in a putter. I have a friend who has 7 different types of putters, while he uses them well he hasnt mastered any of them and it shows in his scores.

Started the season with 6 got it down to 4 I carry a SSS Wizard for putting in the circle, a Soft Ion for drives, a Medium Glow Anode for jump putts, and a Opto Pure for out side the circle

og wizard for putting only
2 ss wizards or three in various stages of decay for driving
one warlock in better plastic for driving

4 Challengers
1 minty green 170g E-Mac for putting inside the circle. New
1 white 170 DD tourney stamped for putting outside the circle. 2 years old
1 white 173 LSDiscs stamped for short drives and upshots. 4 years old
1 white 163 old font Pro D for long runs, annys and flicks. 6 years old

I will also put a Pro D Zone in the bag if it's really windy.

I carry the same three wizards with me all of the time:
176 g9i 8/10 driving wizard for hyzers and flex shots
175 6/10 m wizard for straighter drives and windy putts
167 3/10 m wizard for turnover drives and main putter

I really love putters. But even I know that I have too many in my bag right now: R-Pro Pig, old Pro Rhyno, Soft Ion, Medium Anode, Opto Pure, Sinus SP and P&A Aviar. The Sinus SP is new, just testing it really. Pretty sure at this point that it will not stick, not going to throw it with my Rhyno around. The Anode and the Pure overlap, but there's shots in the woods where I just really like having my Anode available.

I throw putters off the tee a ton, and around here it's either water, wind or woods, so it's comforting to have a bunch of them available. And I only carry two mids.

6 putters
4 medium opaque ions, 1 for about 50' or less putts, 3 for repetition practice putting before the round if I have time
1 champ rhyno for 50'-100' upshots or for grip and rip line drive putts in doubles once the partner is parked
1 r-pro hydra for 100'-150' upshots or sometimes drives 250' or less but i'll usually just power down or hyzer a midrange for that

I usually carry four::

Soft Ion: Main putter. I also throw this if I need to throw a BH anny approach around something, because it's overstable enough to come back in to the basket.

Opto Pure: Short drives mostly. Any shot that a powered down Buzzz or Pain will overshoot.

Grip Pure: Same as above, but I use this one if the line has some serious tree hitting potential. Grip doesn't richochet as much. Plus this one is a tiny bit more stable than the Opto.

Medium Anode: I usually throw this in that zone where I'm not confident that I'll make the putt but it's too short to really call an approach. It doesn't fade like the Ion on those long putts so I'm more confident in my placement. I can throw the Pures in this instance as well, but don't really want to make the Anode purchase a waste of money.