• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many putters?

I carry my beat DX Aviar P&A for all putts. I also have one in Star that's more stable for upshots. I used to use a Wizard for upshots, but the Star Aviar P&A flies surprisingly similar. I'm sure the Wizard would go farther on a drive. Just having the same mold in my hand more often seems to have helped my putting. I also carry a Zone, but let's be honest, a Zone is better used as a mid/short range driver than a putter.

4 - (2) Pro Pigs - Omega SS - Vibram Medium Sole. I've been changing putters like I change my underwear.

Each and every round:

9x KC Aviar - inside the circle putting only
9x KC Aviar - backup to above
Classic Aviar (grid stamp, 1/4 bead) - outside circle putts, upshots, off the tee; hyzer/straight/slow fade lines
DX XD - for throwing; all kinds of hyzer flips

One Ridge for some short drives and most putts. One Opto Pure for straighter short drives, long putts, and accuracy needs.

3 putters every round;

1 FLX Challenger for drives/upshots
1 Evo Wizard for inside the circle
1 SSS Wizard for jump-putts

Three to four:
Grip Line Spike: Drives and approaches (no wind and tail wind)
Zero Line Spike: Putting duty only (no wind, tail wind and up hill putts)
Yeti Pro Aviar: Putting duty only (slight head wind, spin putts, downhill putts)
Bar Stamp Ringer: Specialty duty (dangerous approaches, sidearm approaches, strong head wind)

At the moment: 4

EZE Mercy - because it's new and I want to see if I like it. It probably won't replace my...

TM2 Pure - main putter in the circle. It goes in more than any other putter I've used.

Grip Line Pure - It used to be my main driving putter. It's still my touch approach putter until I feel completely comfortable with my...

Opto Pure - Driving putter. I'm getting used to the feel for touch shots. It may end up being my only Pure (being optimistic) in my bag so I can carry a...

VP - As soon as the fall winds start blowing, it will be in the bag. Probably replacing the Mercy.

Technically 4.

Regular Summit for all things in a putting motion.
2nd run Soft Ion for long approaches/some drives (it's really soft so has good sticking power).
S Anode for drives (not crazy about it, waiting to see how it breaks in, might replace with newer Ion)
DX Polecat for finesse shots.

3. Beat in Medium Anode for turnovers/straight putts, beat in 2nd run black Medium Ion for most putts, and a Neutron Ion that's pretty fresh for more overstable putts or upshots.

Three, all Rhynos. 167 SE for putting only, 170 DX for driving approaching, 172 R-Pro for putting practice (similar feel but floppier than the SE) and approaches that MUST stick.

I carry 3.

150 pro pig as my overstable and floater

Soft Anode for approaches and 95% of putts

Firm Summit for understable approaches and forehand flicks.

how many people here putt with midranges? I used to putt with a comet for a little while.

I carry 2 putting putters (DX Aviars) although I sometimes will throw the flippier one for drives and upshots. I carry a beat DX Aviar for turnovers. I carry 2 DX BB Aviars for upshots and drives, one overstable and one straight beat one. So usually I carry 5 putters. ;)

3-5

mains:

seasoned aviar - outside circle putts, upshots
seasoned kc aviar - inside circle, upshots
beat aviar - touch shots, turnovers

in the bag as needed:

fresh kc/beat kc - driving, longer ups. on some courses i need both, some one or the other or neither.

2 right now and 1 on the way.
I carry a SSS Wizard that is beat in nice and feels great. I use it for anything under 40'. I also have a SSS voodoo that I have been trying out. If my round starts off really sucky and I'm having a bad day I will break out the voodoo and see how I like it. I don't use it too much yet but it's not bad. I also have an opto pure on the way that I am wanting to try out for longer approach shots.

I own a lot of putter; however I only use Voodoo's. I carry 2 organic Voodoo's that are strictly for putting and shorter approaches. I have a newer one for stable putts and a finely tuned one for anny lines!!

I carry 5 putters in four molds.

167 SS Wizard - primary putter
175 SS Wizard - I use this for putting in the wind and for downhill putts since it likes to drop faster.
Z Zone - Overstable approach putter. Primarily used forehand but will throw it backhand when need be
Med Ridge - Stable approach putter
Firm Summit - Understable approach putter. Nice straight lines, annys.

I have tons of other putters at home that I could cycle in, but these are the ones that actually made the bag.

3 here.

Soft Magnet - I use it for most putts and easy approaches from 120ft. and in.

Soft GT Banger - If I have to send a putt directly at the basket, straight and hard, I grab the soft Banger. The extra stability keeps it straight while the softness keeps it in the chains.

ESP Banger - Used for short drives and approaches that are too close for my Rocs. Only in the bag at new courses and rarely used, but good for approaches that need some fade.