• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many strokes do non Innova pro's lose

How big is the Innova sponsored players advantage strokes per round

Votes: 20 31.7%

Votes: 4 6.3%

Votes: 6 9.5%

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • 5+

Votes: 31 49.2%

• Total voters
I play better with discs ihavent ever thrown than most people I see out on DG courses.

Build me a bag and ill come beat you with it :p

Alright, I am giving you all Quest discs.

Come to Flip City and let's play.

And 9 of the 10 were team innova at one point

This is the only legitimate point in this thread. I don't think anyone would argue that Innova has been and is still dominant in terms of market share. Of course they have more fairway options...they have more everything options. They've been making discs for 30 years, how many driver molds to they have?

But from 9/10 to 4/10...ask yourselves, where's that number going to be in 10 years? That'll be the time to try to make this argument.

My point would not necessarily be to argue the OPs suggestion, but your point doesn't support it, it shows that there are other quality options out there, and that top pro players don't necessarily need to throw Innova to succeed.

Yeah, an 11x Eagle. Notice that almost every Innova disc that any pro throws is about 10 years old...

did you not see Paul McBeths recent in the bag video? lol

a much better question than the one in OP would be: how many strokes do non-innova pros give up by not being able to throw early run pop top star destroyers :D

What ever happened to "It's the Indian not the arrow."? :confused: :popcorn:
To people on their brand loyalty power trips, that kind of talk is heresy.

FWIW, I have far and away more Innova plastic than any other brand, and I'm sure many here would admit to the same. But that's because for the first five years of playing time, there wasn't much that I was interested in trying aside from a Cyclone or Buzzz. Retail wise, Innova was about all you could find outside of tournaments.

Had all of the options that are available to me now been around a decade ago, my disc collection today would be looking radically different.

How can you pick up strokes throwing a ROC instead of a Buzzz. There that should help landfill this more quickly.

How are the River and Diamond, Vision and Saint Pro not fairways? They all have 1.8cm rims, TL has 1.8 as well.

Fury Jade Saint Trident and Striker are all 1.9.

And at 2.0 they have the xXx and Escape.

I get what you are saying about trilogy fairways being a little faster. But I really don't think if the TL is a true fairway, that we should throw out all other 1.8/1.9 rims.

On top of that, they have faster mids. The roc is a 1.2cm, whereas the Truth and Verdict are 1.5's, and the Warship a 1.4.

So there is less need for that gap.

Saying trilogy has garbage for fairways really isn't a justified claim.

If you want to go by a different metric than rim width, that's fine. Just let me know

How are the River and Diamond, Vision and Saint Pro not fairways? They all have 1.8cm rims, TL has 1.8 as well.

Fury Jade Saint Trident and Striker are all 1.9.

And at 2.0 they have the xXx and Escape.

I get what you are saying about trilogy fairways being a little faster. But I really don't think if the TL is a true fairway, that we should throw out all other 1.8/1.9 rims.

On top of that, they have faster mids. The roc is a 1.2cm, whereas the Truth and Verdict are 1.5's, and the Warship a 1.4.

So there is less need for that gap.

Saying trilogy has garbage for fairways really isn't a justified claim.

If you want to go by a different metric than rim width, that's fine. Just let me know

I just re-read. You never slammed their fairways, you claimed that they just had tweeners...but I don't feel that is valid. My apologies for the misquote.