• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How may brands in your bag

money 21

* Ace Member *
This weekend I play in a tourney and in my first grouping there was a guy who threw all innova discs, carried an innova bag (the straps were innova as well), and was wearing an innova shirt and hat. In my mind I thought he must be sponcered by Innova so I asked and no he just used there stuff. As the round went on we talked and we shopped at the same stores for discs. When I made a great approach with my Demon he asked what disc I used I told him and his nexted question was does innova make a similar disc.

So to my question I currently have 5 brands in my bag Is this an advantage or disadvantage?
How many brands do you carry?

Innova for everything except my putters which are Wizards so 2.

Discraft, Vibram, gateway and Discmania

I may try to add a latitude product. I have just not pulled the trigger because I have no way of seeing the discs other then just the top view

CHEERS - Koffee

Five - Innova (Gazelle), Latitude 64 (XXX and Pure), Gateway (Wizard), Discraft (Buzzz), and Discmania (PD).

As to whether it's an advantage or disadvantage I'd say it's definitely an advantage because as much as people try to figure out equivalents between different companies there are usually at least subtle differences and many times they really aren't the same disc at all. Chances are you can find a disc that suits what you want for every slot in your bag perfectly but they aren't all going to be from the same company. You can make up for that with skill of course, obviously the sponsored pros do just fine, but most of us aren't pros.

Innova
-Teebird
-Roc
-Leopard

Discraft
-Surge
-Predator
-Comet
-Challenger

Looking to fit Lat64 or Discmania in the bag. Going to try out the fuse and S-PD shortly.

Innova:
Teerex, Wraith

Discmania:
PD

Discraft:
Predator
Cyclone
Buzzz
Wasp
Challenger

Latitude:
Fuse

Gateway:
Wizard

Currently three (Discmania, Innova, Vibram), but I'm trying to work it down to two (Discmania, Vibram) or possibly even one (Discmania).

money 21 said:
So to my question I currently have 5 brands in my bag Is this an advantage or disadvantage?
How many brands do you carry?
It could be an advantage or a disadvantage depending on which discs you picked.

I currently have 4 brands in my bag.

Discraft: FR Nuke, Buzz
Innova: Star Boss, Star Katana, Champ Wraith, Pro Leopard, Polecat, R-Pro Aviar
DGA: Rogue
Discmania: P-PD
Gateway: Voodoo (2)

Worth asking -- My PD says Innova on the underside. Is Innova Discmania's parent? Do they just do the fabrication for Discmania?

Man....I'm whoring it up with all the manufacturers apparently. My bag right now is:

Discmania - PD
Discraft - Comet, Drone
Latitude 64 - Core, Vision, XXX
Millennium - JLS
MVP - Ion
Vibram - VP

I could just as easily have a Firebird in there over the XXX though so it could easily be 7.

Latest posts