• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How much do you like your disc(s)?

How long have you spent searching for a disc?

• Total voters
It's not so much the disc to me. It's the principle of the thing. I'll look until I find it.

Couldn't agree more. It's like the military, no one gets left behind. Once a disc finds its way into my bag it becomes part of the family and I can't leave a family member lost in the wilderness somewhere. The sad thing is there are days when I'm a better SAR then disc golfer.

Really depends on the circumstances. However in general, the longer I spent putting the dye on the disc, the longer I'm going to spend looking for it. (90% of my bag has been dyed.) But in the end, it's just plastic. I can buy another one and do it all again.

I will spend however long it takes usually. The worst is when you lose one and can see it but not reach it. I lost a buzzz in a drainage pipe (10ft up it) last night and could see it but not reach it due to the water and weeds. Luckily when I came back this morning armed with long sticks I got it as well as another lost soul :)

Ive only lost one disc that didnt end up in a lake or river and i spent about 25 mins looking for it. rivers and lakes tho if i cant see it from shore i say fck it, im not taking the chance that there is something on the bottom thatll rip me feet into a thousand pieces.

^^^Same. All but one of my lost discs were in lakes or a creek culvert, and the one lost on land was at dusk, and I couldn't return for a few weeks.
Took 20-30 min. to find my Gumbputt in the tule reeds on #20 at Ann Mo/Boise, and about the same to find my P Katana in the palmetto on #9 at Tocobaga/St. Petersburg. I do lots of gridding while on wildfires, so I usually find mine and my buddies' discs pretty quickly.

Really depends on the situation. If I have it in my head that I can get it back, I'll look until I find it. If its in the middle of Lake Ontario or a Deep pond, I'm not gonna bother.

If I'm by myself, I might spend upwards of a half hour looking for a really favorite disc, but a foursome searching for 10 minutes starts running into each other looking. If I haven't found it by then, I move on.

Benefit of throwing in-production discs....

I chose 5 minutes, but its probably more like 10. I dont throw OOP plastic, but sometimes its a disc that I like. Ive also had very good history of people calling me, except for when its OOP plastic... so yah

I dont realy see the connection between disc loving and disc searching.

But I love my discs. I still have one in our local forest that has been there for a good year now, I know exactly where, and every time I pass that HUGE blackberry bush I spend 5 minutes searching for it.

But that is more a matter of principle. I have many backups in my shelve at home. But why give up ? It's my disc after all.

Usually am on some kind of time crunch, but if not I look for as long as it takes. Rarely lose a disc thankfully!

I always spend 30 minutes or more looking for my discs if I lose them, I am poor and cannot afford a loss.

That being said I looked 40 minutes for my green eagle a few weeks and before I gave up...since then I have been throwing a #1 flyer and it is so beat in it just rolls over on drives......my friends loves getting free strokes on me though

when i first started playing i would look forever to find the discs. now i say f it ill just buy another one unless its something OOP or thats gonna cost me more than $25, then ill look a little longer. if my kenny roc ever tries to hide ill look for hours no problem. kenny will not be left behind

I always spend 30 minutes or more looking for my discs if I lose them, I am poor and cannot afford a loss.

That being said I looked 40 minutes for my green eagle a few weeks and before I gave up...since then I have been throwing a #1 flyer and it is so beat in it just rolls over on drives......my friends loves getting free strokes on me though

unless your friends are poorer than you they suck for not giving you discs to help you out. my friends and i are constantly hooking eachother up with things that might work for one another or stuff we didnt care for

Lost a Destroyer today gave up after 20 minutes went to my home course after to only find a BLUE Star Destroyer to go in my mostly blue bag

I don't lose discs anymore. 3 years ago, spent 25 minutes looking for my 1st run champ boss. Found it, then traded it away a week later. Hmm...

I leave no man behind! I've only got one disc out in the wild...and it's at the bottom of the lake at Roland Park. Otherwise I'll spend a half hour to 45 mins then come back the next day. It's amazing what a fresh perspective will do for a disc search! I find it almost every time the next day

Depends on the disc and the safety level of the hazard that its in. No disc is too expensive that its worth risking a bacterial infection, tetanus shot or snakebite over.

For me, it depends on a lot of variables but as usual, Scarp speaks a ton of common sense:semuch sense:
Depends on the disc and the safety level of the hazard that its in. No disc is too expensive that its worth risking a bacterial infection, tetanus shot or snakebite over.
I make reasonable attempts to recover plastic, and take my fair share of scratches and cuts from thorny underbrush and such, but I'm not going to risk life, limb, or serious medical concerns.

Last edited:
I look for awhile, but I have backups at home, just in case. That being said I lost my favorite Ascent in the fall and just recently one of my friends found it AFTER they pulled the course. Not sure what she was doing wandering a pulled course, and after all that I don't even throw an Ascent anymore unless its during a tourney and I need it.

Latest posts