• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How tall are the pros?

Jethoho

Maybe a dumb thread, but I'm just curious because I've never seen them in person. Does anyone know how tall some of the top pros are? Ricky, Paul, Jerm, Simon, Eagle, Sexton, Johansen, Shusterick, etc..? I think PDGA profiles and/or sponsor team pages should list stats like age, height, weight like they do in other sports.

Man, that's a lot of height. But at least McBeth is shorter - that site 5QU shared lists him at 5'8, which gives us sub 6 footers some hope. But, then again, he's McBeth

Man, that's a lot of height. But at least McBeth is shorter - that site 5QU shared lists him at 5'8, which gives us sub 6 footers some hope. But, then again, he's McBeth

Yep, but there's a reason why guys the height of McBeth and Locastro are the exception as touring pros, and not the rule. They are amazing athletes, but length is definitely an advantage when everyone at that level is an amazing athlete too.

https://gfycat.com/TinyCarefulBlackfootedferret

You try to palm a disc like that then tell us how much hope you have left.

lol, yeah none anymore. Thanks for crushing what little remained.

Yep, but there's a reason why guys the height of McBeth and Locastro are the exception as touring pros, and not the rule. They are amazing athletes, but length is definitely an advantage when everyone at that level is an amazing athlete too.

Exactly.

Funny, I didn't realize Eagle was so tall. I knew he was lanky but for whatever reason I figured he was maybe 6'0. Selling his wings a little short.... He's got long levers.

I have HUGE respect for both of them due to their height/arm length disadvantage, especially Nikko. He looks like he can barely lift the disc, then blasts it 500ft. FORM > STRENGTH

And of course they use the metric system for the European players like Simon. Darn them for making me use google to convert 185cm to feet and inches.

How odd. I recall seeing him prior to 2016.

After his epic eagle, they cloned him. The original is being held in the basement underneath the innova factory. It's the clone that is on tour now.