• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How to Drive from this Tee...

Well, just back from the course.

The anny to the left won. Threw a valk with an anny line and kept it from getting too high. Made the nice big turn and kept going. No stall. :):)

I did try a FH roller, of which I'm not good at. It did go as far as my normal drive, so it has some promise as I improve. But the anny drive did go past the bottom of the valley, landing on the gradual upslope toward the basket. Left me with a nice "easy" approach drive with a Teebird, about 300 ft.

Yes, I missed the birdie putt.:mad::mad:

Wouldn't that be the same as a understable disc on an anny line? Both would hit the edge and I would assume continue rolling.

Any reason why everyone says to roll on the anny or with an understable disc?

Maybe I'll answer my own question.... hyzer bomb would loose speed while anny'ing an understable disc would carry the speed into the roll?

... Although, I'd probably throw a flex shot over the rise with my Surge SS. It will hold the anny angle for a long time even after it goes over the hill and will eventually flex back for some extra D.

Different disc but I'd use the same shot. I have a hard time keeping the nose down on uphill shots but I can do it easier with the flex shot.

When a course gives you that much lawn - it is screaming for you to "grip it and rip it" - a strong, flex shot right over the rise of the knoll makes a whole lot more sense than a roller.

Depending on the wind, I bet that hole provides some epic air bounces once the disc clears the ridge!

is that tree in the foreground close enough to affect the proper roller line? that would be my concern. otherwise it looks like a sweet RHBH super roller. If the tree is a problem, i would go with the suggested domy valkyrie or wraith shot. aim as low as possible over the ridge and it should be taking a strong right lean when it crosses the hill so it keeps that line till the last second to milk your distance. hope this helps. :)

Latest posts