• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How to find discs in the snow?

It's all about the snowshoes. Learning to make a good standing throw will make you a much better disc golfer.

It doesn't take 20 minutes to return a disc. It takes like 1 minute. Just call them and tell them where you are leaving their disc. For example: "Hi i just found your disc. I'm going to leave it under the trash can on the 1st tee." Or behind the rock on the 1st fairway, or behind the bathrooms, or wherever is a good place to hide it. See? It's not that hard. If they want their disc they'll come get it before anyone stumbles upon it, or they might just tell you to keep it and have a nice day.

if you hold the disc and meet up with them it does take 20minutes
if you leave the disc it does not take 20minutes. but some people
want you to hold the disc and meet up with them.

So say you can't meet up with them and stash their disc. If you find their disc the ball is in your court. If they want the disc they will come and get it whether you are there or not. It's simple, and it only takes a minute.

So say you can't meet up with them and stash their disc. If you find their disc the ball is in your court. If they want the disc they will come and get it whether you are there or not. It's simple, and it only takes a minute.

if people would just find the disc the they lost we would not
have this problem. i just think you should not expect people
to return discs that you left behind.because you could just
spend a little extra time to find it.

I don't expect anyone to do anything. I just think that if there is a number on a disc you find you should call it. My conscience won't allow me to throw other people's discs with their telephone number on it. You obviously don't care.

I don't expect anyone to do anything. I just think that if there is a number on a disc you find you should call it. My conscience won't allow me to throw other people's discs with their telephone number on it. You obviously don't care.

you all act like its 100$ or its a unwritten law to call.
its 15$ at the most new even less used.

its too much work and time to worry about returning discs.

It's not really any work or time. 1 minute to stash their disc and 1 minute to call. You're the guy who says he has so much time to look for lost discs, but you can't even take 2 minutes to return something that belongs to someone else.

It's not really any work or time. 1 minute to stash their disc and 1 minute to call. You're the guy who says he has so much time to look for lost discs, but you can't even take 2 minutes to return something that belongs to someone else.

:D:clap::hfive::thmbup: It's so true.

you all act like its 100$ or its a unwritten law to call.
its 15$ at the most new even less used.

its too much work and time to worry about returning discs.

Dependent on the disc and where it's bought it's closer to $18 at the most. Generally around here it's ~$16 for star or esp plastic. The new glow z plastic is ~$18. I'm sure there are other places out there that overcharge even more. Not to mention fund raiser discs like the new nuke at my store is $20.

To quote Mr. Miyagi, "Best way to avoid snow, not be there".

I can't believe their replacement Mr. Miyagi is Jackie Chan...he may be awesome, but he's no Pat Morita.

Finding discs in the snow - Tournament Edition

So, there's a series here in SE Michigan this year running up to the Discraft Great Lakes Open (Event 1 info at http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournaments/DGLO_Championship_Series_1_2010). I have played very little in the snow - or more specifically, only in very little snow. My question is, of the methods suggested in this thread, which ones are legal for tournament play? Are there other methods that folks use in tournaments?

Thanks,

BLM