• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

how to know when you are ready for more advance discs

hklpro

Quick question. How do you know when you are ready for a better driver? I have been feeling some good 'rips' on my drives and noticed my 150g leopard is really getting some extra fade at the end of the drive. My idea is that I am getting such good rotation that as the disc slows the rotation stays faster and causes the disc to fade more than before. Am I overthinking?

What is a good example of being ready for the better discs?

Guess it wasn't that quick.

Try a Valkyrie and see what you think. Valkyrie is a good disc for people feeling like they are just getting going. Of course, there are tons of discs out there for players who are just getting going.

You could even just try a Max Weight champion leopard.

IMO if the disc is flying nice stay with it. I threw 150 dx plastic for months and could not figure out what all the fuss was about heavier discs. Then I started getting better and throwing faster and my discs started to flip over. I'm now throwing a little bit heavier and am throwing better plastic and feel pretty good where I am now.

Highly recommend this, especially the Christian Sandstrom version.

Try a Valkyrie and see what you think. Valkyrie is a good disc for people feeling like they are just getting going. Of course, there are tons of discs out there for players who are just getting going.

You could even just try a Max Weight champion leopard.

If you're still getting fade with a Leo, then no, don't disc up. When the Leo starts to turn over on you and you have to release it with hyzer to make it fly straight, then it's time to get a heavier champ Leopard or a more overstable fairway. You shouldn't get fast discs until you can get good distance with your fairways.

who cares if you're ready or not, buy some different discs and try them out. I've never thrown a 150g leo because it would turn and burn on me unless i released it perpendicular to the ground. max weight leopards are super understable so i'm assuming a 150g is ridiculous. super light discs are hard to control, i'd buy a teebird, and start there. if you like flippy discs try a monarch maybe...

Latest posts