• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How would you throw this hole? Jordan #10

Sidearm with a flick, upshot with a buzzz, putt with a aviar

Yeah, this looks like an interesting hole. I think I would want to get as close to the hole as possible while trying to leave myself a clear upshot. Probably something that flies straight for the first shot and I like the idea of a Tomahawk or thumber for the second, but I would want to make sure that I was close enough to make that work after the first shot.

The best plan of all, just Ace the stinking thing. (If only I could throw that far).

Flick a Starfire low to work the skip on the hill, lay up with a Nebula.

Assuming I can't bomb over the tree line of course.

TL RHBH I think I could get to the bottom of the 2nd path. Then TL again, should get right by the basket. If nothing else, I am going straight.

My first thought, depending on when I see it in person, I might throw my straight boss which is like my TL but faster

wow i would just throw 2 backhands with fairway drivers to get it up there like a teebird or an eagle. Wow what a cool hole.

RHFH an ESP Venom aiming right at the base of that tree that's on the other side of the road. RHFH a Z Wasp on a pretty severe anhyzer (45 degree or more) with a lot of heigth and hope that it settles somewhere close.

Gorgeous hole by the way.

Ok just got back from playing Jordan...got sick of daydreaming about it and had to play it. Probably a 60-70 ft rise over 200+feet so maybe not a 14 story building but still not many can make that drive accurately consistently from the base. I shot a 6...threw my TL to right of initial tunnel had to anny out with my roadrunner skipped off hill into woods right back down another roadrunner anny to halfway uphill then a star cro hit the shale rolled down settled for 2 putt from 25 ft with my rhino. It's really about placement golf here and will separate the pros from the novices evrytime!

For a three I would just throw the buzzz to the base of the hill. RHBH. And then probably the buzzz up the hill. Sink it in with the Wizard.

The likely choice for me is a forehand with the flash, straight shot right at the hill and a nice skip up the hill.

Another choice would be a roller with the flick or sidewinder, depending on where it opens up. If it opens up too late I would throw the flick with a small right curve and if it is early enough then hyzer flip a roller with a sidewinder up the hill.

This is quite the interesting hole, and I'm certainly going to lay up all the way on this one. There's just too much trouble out there to try and get aggressive. I might try driving a forehand S-curve here in the hopes of shortening the hillside a bit on my second shot, but that would be about as aggressive as I would get. I'd probably think about a tomahawk second shot, depending on where I was playing from. After the second shot, it's conservative approaching and putting with the blowfly.

RH backhand to the bottom of the hill, maybe a forehand roller making damn sure I get it all the way stood up.

How WOULD I throw this hole? I'd drive to the base of the hill, throw up to the base of the steep incline below the basket, then a strong putt attempt that will overshoot the basket if it misses. Then I'd happily walk away with a 3 or 4.

If you asked how I actually throw this hole, the answer would be "Poorly"
I've only been playing for about 2 months, and Jordan was the first course I ever played. That first day I threw a 12 on this hole. I've played Jordan 5 or 6 times since and the best I can do is a 6, and I'm happy to do that.
My drive to the base of the hill goes fine. My second throw lands about half way up the hill. The third throw is where everything always falls apart. It either sails to the right and over the side, or hits the ledge under the basket and rolls down the hill or over the side. I've gotten the disc to the top then missed the putt and thew it back onto the hill again. I think I have made every possible mistake on this hole, I just don't make them all in the same round anymore. I guess that's improvement.

Jordan is my favorite course, but I really hate this hole. In fact, I dread hole 9 for no other reason than 10 is next.

Why did I just register on this site and use my first post to tell everyone that I suck at disc golf? What the hell is wrong with me?

How WOULD I throw this hole? I'd drive to the base of the hill, throw up to the base of the steep incline below the basket, then a strong putt attempt that will overshoot the basket if it misses. Then I'd happily walk away with a 3 or 4.

I've only been playing for about 2 months, and Jordan was the first course I ever played. That first day I threw a 12 on this hole. I've played Jordan 5 or 6 times since and the best I can do is a 6, and I'm happy to do that.
My drive to the base of the hill goes fine. My second throw lands about half way up the hill. The third throw is where everything always falls apart. It either sails to the right and over the side, or hits the ledge under the basket and rolls down the hill or over the side. I've gotten the disc to the top then missed the putt and thew it back onto the hill again. I think I have made every possible mistake on this hole, I just don't make them all in the same round anymore. I guess that's improvement.

Jordan is my favorite course, but I really hate this hole. In fact, I dread hole 9 for no other reason than 10 is next.

Why did I just register on this site and use my first post to tell everyone that I suck at disc golf? What the hell is wrong with me?

Its OK pal...we are all friends here. This is a safe environment. Consider this site your official 12 step program in dealing with your new addiction. You have only just began your journey on the winding road to recovery. Recovery is only truly possible through absolute submission to the dominatrix that is Disc Golf.
The abuse may feel somewhat disturbing at first. You will feel shame and disbelief that you would allow yourself to endure such humiliation. But then one day the wind changes direction and you will begin to experience the faintest hint of something good. That occasional pulse of joy will become more frequent and continue to increase untill it soon becomes a steady current of fullfillment. You will continue to reach new heights untill that one glorious day when you will finally conquer that Everest!

In reality it is only chucking peices of plastic at odd looking metal baskets...but what a Hell of a time it is.

Search this web site and others to find a wealth of information that will help you to develop and refine your game. Be patient and willing to put in quality time doing field practice where you don't have to worry about scores or nailing that perfect shot. Get to know the discs that you have untill you can make a variety of different shots with each of them. Try to have fun while learning and don't be too tough on yourself if things don't happen as soon as you like. Everyone starts out sucking (well maybe not people whose last name is Climo, Jenkins, Doss or Feldberg) and gradually works their game into shape. There are a lot of people here and at Discgolfreview.com who offer some very sage advice.

Have fun and welcome to the best addiction you'll never want to kick!

that hole is awesome...i would throw it as far as i can to lay up at clearing...then uphill towards the hole to try to have a run. More than likely i would be lumberjackin around.

Awesome man! I love Noob honesty...if your frustrated now don't fret....I have been playing far longer and only really got serious about improving in the last year....I still suck but every so often I do something cool and it keeps me going....Those names that were mentioned...Feldberg, Climo, Doss...just remember that they all played hole 10 at Jordan Park during Worlds 2005...yeah your first course played is one of a handful that have challenged the greatest players in the world! So take your 6 with pride and one day you will get a birdie and be able to say..yeah me Climo, Doss and Feldberg took a three on that hole!

destroyer or boss to the top of the hill. god it feels good to be a lefty. Ha ive never played the hole. what is the distance to the top?

Latest posts