• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hucker Magazine Complaint Thread

I've also been told that UB not only sent discs but also sent Hucker Magazines to someone who did a lot of freelance work for the first issue.

So, a company that's supposedly independent of Hucker is sending Hucker Magazines, something people who paid for bi-weekly subscriptions (not a single issue) and never received, to people to placate them.

The only thing i ever heard was that Salient had sent discs, so this only further proves that I'm in the dark just as much as everyone and would equally like to see some return for the time and effort i had invested.

@ UB: thank you for taking the time to respond, and hopefully this will help clear everything up for all involved.

I have another question for you: who gave the interview to All Things Disc Golf? Was it you, or Murray, or both?

And yes Chris i did post that i would be welling to send a frisbee to the Hucker customers that didn't receive anything, I don't like the idea of people feeling shafted...do i have to send them a disc, no because it's not my problem to fix but id rather people feel like they at least got something.

I'm just giving my experience with Phillip and not Michael from UB. Like I said Phillip never mentioned UB so my issues aren't with UB. I appreciate the response.

If I had known this magazine was being published, I so would have been one of the bitter right now. I look forward to the quarterly issues of the pdga magazine. Too bad...

I don't understand why people are settling for "well, I had low expectations and a t-shirt was enough to justify me not doing anything about being defrauded." :\

Well Juke....I guess I figure that the $20, or whatever it was, is not worth the trouble. I am not happy about it, but I feel like its not worth spending time and energy to get back $20

I don't understand why people are settling for "well, I had low expectations and a t-shirt was enough to justify me not doing anything about being defrauded." :\

If the publisher intended/hoped/expected to deliver the magazines, it's not fraud. It's just failure.

Buyers should have known there was a good chance of failure.

And I suspect they recognize there's not much they can do about it. Except gripe.

If the publisher intended/hoped/expected to deliver the magazines, it's not fraud. It's just failure.

Buyers should have known there was a good chance of failure.

And I suspect they recognize there's not much they can do about it. Except gripe.

If they do not deliver the product/service that they accepted money for, and they refuse to refund people's money, that is fraud.

Unless there's some sort of bankruptcy protection....

How much would it cost to file a lawsuit? Probably way more than the cumulative amount that everyone lost.

From one of the many legal definitions of fraud you can look up:

...To constitute fraud, a misrepresentation or omission must also relate to an 'existing fact', not a promise to do something in the future, unless the person who made the promise did so without any present intent to perform it or with a positive intent not to perform it....

...To constitute fraud, a misrepresentation or omission must also relate to an 'existing fact', not a promise to do something in the future, unless the person who made the promise did so without any present intent to perform it or with a positive intent not to perform it....

So your saying people need to just get over it?

:clap::clap::clap:

So you have proof this was unintentional?

And once Hucker realized the couldn't produce what the promised (and charged people for), how do you excuse them from refusing to even contact people that were requesting a refund?

I'd suggest you go read (or reread) Hucker's FB page and the comments. Hucker, as a company, was selling advertising and merchandise even AFTER they failed to produce the magazine subscription they had initially promised.

Last edited: