• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HWY 30 Dallas to HWY 40 to 65 through Bowling Green to Somerset KY

BigE

Birdie Member
Hello all, I am about to take a trip for Thanksgiving from DFW to Somerset Ky. I plan to take HWY 30 to Little Rock then HWY 40 to Nashville then 65 up through Bowling Green then 68 to Somerset. So far I am looking at:

-DeGray Lower Lake DGC
Caddo Valley, AR

-Bud Hill Origanal
Millington (Memphis), TN

-Seven Oaks Park
Nashville, TN

-Cedar Hill Park
Nashville, TN

-Kereiakes Park
Bowling Green, KY

So the deal is my family is flying and I am picking them up in Nashville so I probably wont play anything past Nashville but just in case they fly into another airport I may play Bowling Green Area. I will probably have time for 2 to 4 courses. I need to know for this time of year what is the best and easiest to get around being from out of town. I am a pro level player that enjoys all kinds of courses. From experience Park style is usually the easiest to navigate quickly when you are not familiar with the layout. I am trying to stay as close to the highway as possible. Thank you in advance for the info.

Dude that's a solid trip right there. If you're into BBQ, there's a place just north of Little Rock in Carlisle called Nick's that is stellar.

I had a lot of fun playing DeGray Lower Lake, even though it's not especially challenging, and it's right off the hwy. It's a pretty place that's almost like a rest stop course to break up that boring Arkansas drive.

Bud Hill is a bit of a jog north of Memphis into the sticks, but it's an awesome place. If you see DooRagg, the course workhorse, be sure to sign his book. He's a very cool dude.

Cedar Hill is my favorite Nashville course and Seven Oaks is right by the airport. Another new course fairly close to the airport that just got concrete pads and new Prodigy baskets is Cane Ridge. It has a few monsters and a few ace runs mostly in the woods, and for a new course, it's been well cleared and is pretty easy to navigate.

And Kereiakes is definitely top 3 in BG. I really couldn't give you a better list. The Dickson course on your way into Nashville is really the only other course worth playing on your route, but it's probably a full 15 min off of I-40.

Dude that's a solid trip right there. If you're into BBQ, there's a place just north of Little Rock in Carlisle called Nick's that is stellar.

I had a lot of fun playing DeGray Lower Lake, even though it's not especially challenging, and it's right off the hwy. It's a pretty place that's almost like a rest stop course to break up that boring Arkansas drive.

Bud Hill is a bit of a jog north of Memphis into the sticks, but it's an awesome place. If you see DooRagg, the course workhorse, be sure to sign his book. He's a very cool dude.

Cedar Hill is my favorite Nashville course and Seven Oaks is right by the airport. Another new course fairly close to the airport that just got concrete pads and new Prodigy baskets is Cane Ridge. It has a few monsters and a few ace runs mostly in the woods, and for a new course, it's been well cleared and is pretty easy to navigate.

And Kereiakes is definitely top 3 in BG. I really couldn't give you a better list. The Dickson course on your way into Nashville is really the only other course worth playing on your route, but it's probably a full 15 min off of I-40.

Thank you! It looks like things have changed and I may be playing in Cincinatti instead. My wife decided to ride instead of fly so that means I wont be able to golf till I drop!

I would pick Sharp Springs over Seven Oaks in Nashville (purely my opinion), but Seven Oaks is pretty great too.

I'm in the Cincy area and could probably guide if you're interested and actually wind up in the area.

I would pick Sharp Springs over Seven Oaks in Nashville (purely my opinion), but Seven Oaks is pretty great too.

I'm in the Cincy area and could probably guide if you're interested and actually wind up in the area.

What are the best 2 courses in Cincy?

What are the best 2 courses in Cincy?

That's kind of a loaded question. If I were to direct someone to two courses that would give you a good idea of what we have to offer, I would say Idlewild and Lincoln Ridge. They're both great courses that have very different feels and are very close to one another.

My personal favorites are Osage Grove (so good and getting better all the time) and Lincoln Ridge. They're just on opposite sides of the city for the most part...and most people want to play Idle anyway because of its ranking.

That's kind of a loaded question. If I were to direct someone to two courses that would give you a good idea of what we have to offer, I would say Idlewild and Lincoln Ridge. They're both great courses that have very different feels and are very close to one another.

My personal favorites are Osage Grove (so good and getting better all the time) and Lincoln Ridge. They're just on opposite sides of the city for the most part...and most people want to play Idle anyway because of its ranking.

Thanks Tbird888 I will be in touch if I can make it up to Cincy!

Eric Teddy

I will be in Cincinnati this Friday, if anyone wants to show a outoftowner around. If possible some pro level competition with maybe a little cash wager.

Latest posts