• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Hybrid plastic stability & feel?

The Mickstar

Berg Gang
Does anyone have experience with Westside's premium Hybrid plastic that can comment on stability & feel compared to VIP & Tournament?

I love the Stag, and have it in both VIP Chameleon & Tournament. I found a Hybrid Stag for a good price in my preferred weight, so I'm curious how it might fit in my bag or which other premium plastic it compares most closely to (flight & feel).

I cannot speak for the stag in particular, but I have had hybrid Stiletto, World and Ballista Pro. Hybrid is probably my favorite blend, but all three of those molds stability varies so much run to run in these faster drivers that it doesn't really matter which plastic.

Hand feel hybrid is often as grippy/tacky or more than tournament. If its a good price and you want to give it a go, I say go for it. The main concern I would have is loving it and not being able to replace it easily.

The premium hybrid is (or seems to be) a mix of Opto/Lucid/VIP and Gold/Tournament/ Fusion.

My wife has a hybrid Stag. It's soft and grippy without being flimsy. As far as the flight, I would say it's closest to the Tournament Stags. Maybe a touch less stable than a VIP Stag but not by a crazy amount. Honestly, the only Stag I've thrown that was noticeable different (more overstable in general) are the VIP-X ones.

Generally, I've found Hybrid to be either the most stable or equal to the most stable plastic, excluding the X plastics, for any given mold. This has been true for the Trespass, Warhorse, Anvil, Sword, and Warship.

Feel is pretty similar to Tournament, maybe a touch slicker brand new, but durability is much improved. It's my favorite plastic with X and regular Tournament in 2nd and 3rd

Last edited:
My wife has a hybrid Stag. It's soft and grippy without being flimsy. As far as the flight, I would say it's closest to the Tournament Stags. Maybe a touch less stable than a VIP Stag but not by a crazy amount. Honestly, the only Stag I've thrown that was noticeable different (more overstable in general) are the VIP-X ones.

My Tourney Stag is flatter & more stable than my VIP Chameleon. The Tourney is a DyeMax. Maybe that makes a difference...?

I'd love to find an -X in my preferred weight, but no luck so far.

I ordered both a regular VIP and a Hybrid for $10/. They'll either be different stabilities than my current Stags or I'll have backups. For that price, I'm fine with either.

Latest posts