• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

hypothetical scenario... what do you do?

I should throw my River or Comet to keep it in the fairway as best as possible...but in reality it would be whatever disc I'm really feeling that particular day. For example, the days my hyzerflip roadrunner shots are ON I'd rock that as some days I can get beautiful tunnel shots with it...other days...not so much.

I am not the most experienced, but what I know about me in this scenario....I am tempted to find that perfect shot that I only nail 1 out of 10 times....but recently I have been learning patience and playing within myself....I would likely take a conservative shot with my DX Leopard, I usually par in this situation....It is when I get greedy for that rare and perfect birdie that I get myself into trouble. Sure that 1 out of 10 shot is very sweet, but not enough to overrule those 9 bitter, bitter, bogeys and double bogeys.

depending on wind and how wide the gap actually is would determine the disc. I can throw my lat 64 striker about 300 feet and have it go straight with no fade. If I don't mess up the direction, it should be good. If I don't feel comfortable doing that, I would probably throw my truth.

I would throw either my beat up S FD, which will flip up and land with no fade or my C FD if I wasn't clicking with the hyzer flip that round.

If I mess up with a fairway driver, I still have a decent shot at not scoring worse than a 4. Screw up an understable distance driver and things get much worse.

You mean like hole 4 at Blue Ribbon Pines?
12e8c988.jpg

i'd throw a river hoping it finishes straight.

Buzzz all day...even though there's about a 1.4% chance I'm actually going to keep it online and accurate. I guess what that means is I should just go for the gusto anyway.

Buzzz or Comet for first throw... assuming i am in the fairway after the first throw, I would then pull out a Wizard or a Zone for the second shot. This sounds like a more forgiving hole 4 at BRP (Par 4 444') and thats what I do there except it is a tight hallway type hole with no real ceiling. I can get my Wizards out to 250' without a ceiling or around 200' with one. Staying in the middle is key to this kind of hole and using any kind of driver ends in disaster for me 90% of the time.

Latest posts