• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Hyzer Bomb Discs Review

discgolferlee

Eagle Member
Alright I wanted to wait until I got some more time in with the hyzer bomb lineup before posting any reviews. I have had some time to toss these new discs around and I am going to give a review of my thoughts on the discs.

First up
Mortar
Disc Type- Mid-range
Plastic type- Currently available in Frontline (Innova star type) as well as Frontline-X ( a really flexible type star blend of plastic)

Frontline
http://www.hyzerbomb.com/collections/discs/products/frontline-mortar-first-run

Frontline-X plastic
http://www.hyzerbomb.com/collections/discs/products/frontline-x-mortar

If you are looking for a really overstable mid to fight some wind and finish left (RHBH) everytime, then you found it!! I love just ripping on this thing hard into any wind and watching it fight out and meathook left!!! This Disc is very useful for windy days, approaches and drives that cannot go right due to obstacles or hazards.It is actually a pretty good forehand mid as well. Spike hyzers, forehand rollers, upside down pancake get out of trouble shots and more. The mold is very similar to an innova gator without the bead. It actually has a small bead type of form to it on bottom of rim but not enough to really be a bead in my opinion. more like a small speed bump lol. The disc feels amazingly comfortable in hand due to it's shape.The disc is not a glide machine by any means but in my opinion that's a good thing. I feel it has a bit more glide than the innova gator but nothing outrageously different.

on to the Mortar in the plastic types.

Frontline plastic is a star type blend and feels grippy and durable in the hand. The disc feeld beefy like it will hold up to abuse and break in very slowly if at all. I Think in this plastic the disc felt a tad bit less stable and it pushed a little further distance wise due to that. not a whole lot further but it was noticable. I also noticed a little skip out of it when it landed. in normal grass landing zone it was a little skip and on some hard packed ground with little to no grass the skip was a bit more.

The Frontline-X plastic provided a few different characteristics than the regular frontline plastic. The Plastic is a great grippy star type flexible blend. It feels flexible and a bit gummy but still has a bit of firm feel to it due to rim shape I believe. I am not a huge fan of gummy discs and generally prefer my discs to be firm but this thing felt great in the hands. It feels grippy and gummy yet not floppy. The first thing I noticed upon throwing it was that it flew a bit more overstable than the regular Frontline plastic. It tended to have a bit shorter flight and entered the hard fade portion earlier than the frontline plastic version. I also really enjoyed the fact that the Frontline-x version had less skip upon landing. In the normal length grass surface it kinda landed with a really short or in some cases no skip landing and sticks.

Overall Thoughts

I generally prefer firmer discs but I liked the Frontline-x better than the frontline plastic in this mold. I am really excited to see if they if they release this disc in the Recon and Recon-X Plastic (Champion and champion gummy). I really like my mids in champion type plastic so hoping they choose to release it in recon plastic. I think people prefer the champ gator over the star gator so that should be an indicator of sales potential for Hyzer Bomb.

on to the putters

Panzer
Disc Type- Putter
Plastic type- Soft base plastic
http://www.hyzerbomb.com/collections/discs/products/pnazer-base-plastic

The Panzer is a beadless "slightly" modified Tank mold. It is intended to be a slightly domey version with a little different shape to the bottom piece of rim mold. the difference is very slight and even hard to notice unless you look carefully.

The plastic: The plastic has an older innova dx type of feel but in a nice softer version of plastic. I really like this plastic. It kinda reminds me of the plastic used in the yeti aviar but I don't think it is quite the same plastic. It has a nice soft feel but for sure not gummy/floppy. Inside the putting circle It flew fairly straight with some strong fade right at the end of the flight. It's been years since i threw a rhyno so I thought the thumbtrac might weird me out but it felt surprisingly comfortable. I liked the flat profile with slight dome actually quite a bit. I normally like all my discs to have a flat top. I just personally prefer flat discs but this putter feels great in my hand. Everyone's hands are different size and people prefer different feels for their putters but I personally liked this disc more than the tank and it's flat as a board.

On drives and approaches: thrown flat to slight hyzer it flips up flat for a short bit then starts to slowly tail left (RHBH) and then just runs out of steam and dies left hard. It does not have a ton of glide but then again a slow putter that isn't super glidey is a nice thing to have in your bag. This disc fights the wind quite well. I putt, drive and approach with wizards and both the panzer and tank had less glide and more fade. This makes it a great candidate for windy situations and when you need a slow dependable left fade disc.

Overall: I really liked this putter and may start playing with it inside the circle a little more. I feel like once it beats in a bit it may be a nice straight putting putter.

Tank
Disc Type- Putter
Plastic type- Gummy, Super soft, grippy
http://www.hyzerbomb.com/collections/discs/products/tank-base-plastic

The Tank is a beadless Rhyno mold. The plastic is really gummy, soft and grippy. It is a pretty overstable putter both inside the circle and outside. It has a slightly more overstable flight than the panzer. On drives and approaches it handles the wind awesome! It maintains it's flightline and fades hard left in any wind condition. Like the panzer it has little glide and dependable fade. I found throwing this disc flat with no hyzer was it's sweet spot for me. It would flip flat and fly a straight line and then just kinda fell out of the air fading hard left. It was very reliable consistent flight. I threw a lot of shots to a basket I practice on at our course. Distance is about 240+/-. I consistently threw the tank flat and about 30-40ft right of basket and it flew straight before fading hard at the basket landing without a skip.

Overall: I really liked the flight of the tank and the panzer but prefered the panzer due to the stiffness as i generally don't really prefer gummy discs.

Just wanted to share my findings after throwing these first discs in the Hyzer Bomb lineup and I look forward to seeing what else they have up their sleeve in the future.

Thanks for a really comprehensive review! :clap::clap:

Might have to check out a Mortar.. ;)

Don't expect anything special, a Rhyno thrown forehand hurts my fingers :| That's of course just IMO.

Rhynos are actually one of the putters I find easiest to throw forehand.

tank review

Alright I wanted to wait until I got some more time in with the hyzer bomb lineup before posting any reviews. I have had some time to toss these new discs around and I am going to give a review of my thoughts on the discs.

First up
Mortar
Disc Type- Mid-range
Plastic type- Currently available in Frontline (Innova star type) as well as Frontline-X ( a really flexible type star blend of plastic)

Frontline
http://www.hyzerbomb.com/collections/discs/products/frontline-mortar-first-run

Frontline-X plastic
http://www.hyzerbomb.com/collections/discs/products/frontline-x-mortar

If you are looking for a really overstable mid to fight some wind and finish left (RHBH) everytime, then you found it!! I love just ripping on this thing hard into any wind and watching it fight out and meathook left!!! This Disc is very useful for windy days, approaches and drives that cannot go right due to obstacles or hazards.It is actually a pretty good forehand mid as well. Spike hyzers, forehand rollers, upside down pancake get out of trouble shots and more. The mold is very similar to an innova gator without the bead. It actually has a small bead type of form to it on bottom of rim but not enough to really be a bead in my opinion. more like a small speed bump lol. The disc feels amazingly comfortable in hand due to it's shape.The disc is not a glide machine by any means but in my opinion that's a good thing. I feel it has a bit more glide than the innova gator but nothing outrageously different.

on to the Mortar in the plastic types.

Frontline plastic is a star type blend and feels grippy and durable in the hand. The disc feeld beefy like it will hold up to abuse and break in very slowly if at all. I Think in this plastic the disc felt a tad bit less stable and it pushed a little further distance wise due to that. not a whole lot further but it was noticable. I also noticed a little skip out of it when it landed. in normal grass landing zone it was a little skip and on some hard packed ground with little to no grass the skip was a bit more.

The Frontline-X plastic provided a few different characteristics than the regular frontline plastic. The Plastic is a great grippy star type flexible blend. It feels flexible and a bit gummy but still has a bit of firm feel to it due to rim shape I believe. I am not a huge fan of gummy discs and generally prefer my discs to be firm but this thing felt great in the hands. It feels grippy and gummy yet not floppy. The first thing I noticed upon throwing it was that it flew a bit more overstable than the regular Frontline plastic. It tended to have a bit shorter flight and entered the hard fade portion earlier than the frontline plastic version. I also really enjoyed the fact that the Frontline-x version had less skip upon landing. In the normal length grass surface it kinda landed with a really short or in some cases no skip landing and sticks.

Overall Thoughts

I generally prefer firmer discs but I liked the Frontline-x better than the frontline plastic in this mold. I am really excited to see if they if they release this disc in the Recon and Recon-X Plastic (Champion and champion gummy). I really like my mids in champion type plastic so hoping they choose to release it in recon plastic. I think people prefer the champ gator over the star gator so that should be an indicator of sales potential for Hyzer Bomb.

on to the putters

Panzer
Disc Type- Putter
Plastic type- Soft base plastic
http://www.hyzerbomb.com/collections/discs/products/pnazer-base-plastic

The Panzer is a beadless "slightly" modified Tank mold. It is intended to be a slightly domey version with a little different shape to the bottom piece of rim mold. the difference is very slight and even hard to notice unless you look carefully.

The plastic: The plastic has an older innova dx type of feel but in a nice softer version of plastic. I really like this plastic. It kinda reminds me of the plastic used in the yeti aviar but I don't think it is quite the same plastic. It has a nice soft feel but for sure not gummy/floppy. Inside the putting circle It flew fairly straight with some strong fade right at the end of the flight. It's been years since i threw a rhyno so I thought the thumbtrac might weird me out but it felt surprisingly comfortable. I liked the flat profile with slight dome actually quite a bit. I normally like all my discs to have a flat top. I just personally prefer flat discs but this putter feels great in my hand. Everyone's hands are different size and people prefer different feels for their putters but I personally liked this disc more than the tank and it's flat as a board.

On drives and approaches: thrown flat to slight hyzer it flips up flat for a short bit then starts to slowly tail left (RHBH) and then just runs out of steam and dies left hard. It does not have a ton of glide but then again a slow putter that isn't super glidey is a nice thing to have in your bag. This disc fights the wind quite well. I putt, drive and approach with wizards and both the panzer and tank had less glide and more fade. This makes it a great candidate for windy situations and when you need a slow dependable left fade disc.

Overall: I really liked this putter and may start playing with it inside the circle a little more. I feel like once it beats in a bit it may be a nice straight putting putter.

Tank
Disc Type- Putter
Plastic type- Gummy, Super soft, grippy
http://www.hyzerbomb.com/collections/discs/products/tank-base-plastic

The Tank is a beadless Rhyno mold. The plastic is really gummy, soft and grippy. It is a pretty overstable putter both inside the circle and outside. It has a slightly more overstable flight than the panzer. On drives and approaches it handles the wind awesome! It maintains it's flightline and fades hard left in any wind condition. Like the panzer it has little glide and dependable fade. I found throwing this disc flat with no hyzer was it's sweet spot for me. It would flip flat and fly a straight line and then just kinda fell out of the air fading hard left. It was very reliable consistent flight. I threw a lot of shots to a basket I practice on at our course. Distance is about 240+/-. I consistently threw the tank flat and about 30-40ft right of basket and it flew straight before fading hard at the basket landing without a skip.

Overall: I really liked the flight of the tank and the panzer but prefered the panzer due to the stiffness as i generally don't really prefer gummy discs.

Just wanted to share my findings after throwing these first discs in the Hyzer Bomb lineup and I look forward to seeing what else they have up their sleeve in the future.

My old ching tank was very flexible and gummy , maybe due to age and this" new" tank seems stiff in comparison . I do like this new version though as being fast, super accurate for short approach's and putts into the wind

-chimin in after a week w my tanks panzers and one mortar. first of the plastic is amazingly gripy on the tank and panzer. I currently put with dx rhinos and was hoping for something grippier and less stable. well... they are both gripnasty and feel amazing in the hand but are quite OS. perhaps too much for a true putter. both are more os than my dx rhynos on a drive, head to head in a 15head my panzers were equally if not more os than champ rhynos. prob more. Harder to tell w the tanks on a pwr throw but at putting speed they are short os an glideless, which as an approach is desireable however despite the great feel of plastic neither seems a "true putter" (not that a rhino is but beat dx's are pretty true flyin IMO)---all discs are white max weight---the mortarX is ok but the floppy star plastic does not seem to suit this style of disc. on short power hyzers, headwind rips, and forehand flicks I have had very simmilar flights and much less consistency compared to a champ rhino, although the plastic is flexy in the flight plate it does not seem to sit any better on spike hyzers. The tank does seem to stop and melt. I have sent it high and weird on bh and fh approaches had it sit with good results. To summerize I was hoping for the panzer to be a stiff less stable grippy rhino. As of now its not, I love it but cant see using it anywhere thats not a teebox. (i read that the first run whites were too OS and that will change) as for the tank, it seems to be a usefull approach disc but I dont see it making the bag. and as for the Xmortar it will make a great dye canvas (White Star) but seems inferior to other OS control mid options.

So is HyzerBomb a separate company from Millennium? Their logo says fueled by Millennium when Millennium discs are made by Innova. I just ordered 4 Omega AP's. Curious about the brands.

I really want to try the Mortar, mainly because I was in a Mortar Platoon in the Army, and I like overstable mids. I have been curious to see how much of a difference a beadless mold of a Rhyno would compare to normal mold.