• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I-5 Eugene 2 Palm Springs 4 PHISH where should I play ?

The Bird Man

Birdie Member
I am leaving for Palm Springs for a Phish festival/concert. If I could only stop at one course close to I-5 what would it be? Maybe two courses, I am going down and back up!

If you route to P.Springs takes you on the 210 E. Sylmar(S. Rico's home course) and Oak Grove(1st Permanant course) are right off the 210 which heads SE off the I5.

Your best bet would be La Mirada which has 2 excellent 18 hole courses. Not far from the 5.

Sounds like a fun trip but you need to add a day to it to play a few more Cali courses because there are a lot of good ones!
It seems like a lot of the good ones (Lake Casitas, The Oaks, De Laveaga, Stafford Lake) are close to the coast though.
Since you're in Eugene I assume you've played Whistlers in Roseburg and Tom Pearce in Grants Pass. I like them both.
Once in CA it seems like I always end up playing Weed. It's not exactly a world class course but I like it for the same reason some others don't - It has several holes with artificial means of OB. It gives it kind of a "miniature golf" vibe. Some don't like that but I feel it's just a creative way of making the available space a better course. Nice scenery and it's 3 minutes from I-5.
Along your route I've played Oak Grove (First disc golf in the world with permanent baskets. You gotta play it at least once!) and La Mirada (Get there early in the day and maybe Mike in the pro shop will play a few holes with you. One of the best groomed DG courses I've ever played).
The courses I've heard good things about and would like to play are Slymar, Hart Park in Bakersfield, and Mt. Shasta but check out the reviews on DGCR first.

I'll give a second to Veterans park in Sylmar and Oak Grove in Pasedena. Both very fun courses.

EDIT: BTW, you didn't say when you would be there so maybe this comes too late??