• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I am so rusty.....

johnnyfoodstamp

Birdie Member
So I was a daily thrower for a few years and then I took a few years off. I am just getting back into disc golf again. My sidearm is just as good as ever, if not better, but my backhand has gotten really bad. I can't get anything to turnover for me anymore. I need a suggestion for a good backhand driver that will turnover and finish mostly straight. I used to throw a teebird for that shot but I can't seem to get even that to turnover. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Maybe try a leopard and work your way back up to the TeeBird. I have always bagged Leopards and they are among my favorite molds.

There are so many things you could think about to correct this or that and mostly what you will end up doing is mentally destroying your throw by over thinking. I'll bet you can still make that Teebird turn over. Bend the knees and try to make sure your follow-through is nice and level (not arm way up in the air). Slowly work up to full power. Frito's rec of a Leopard is great!