• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I am THEY

Will it be completely removed or just cleaned up and left there as an obstacle?

Gonna have to leave the trunk there. It's past my level of skill (and desire) to cut it, and it's a private course that doesn't necessarily have access to the equipment needed to move that. It's off the edge of the fairway and not significantly in play, but I don't doubt it'll be an annoyance for some bad throws at some point.

I might go back later and trim some of the limbs back a little farther, but the bulk of it will probably stick around for a few more decades.

Gonna have to leave the trunk there. It's past my level of skill (and desire) to cut it, and it's a private course that doesn't necessarily have access to the equipment needed to move that. It's off the edge of the fairway and not significantly in play, but I don't doubt it'll be an annoyance for some bad throws at some point.

I might go back later and trim some of the limbs back a little farther, but the bulk of it will probably stick around for a few more decades.

Monster trees like that one add character to a course when they go down. :clap:

I was inspired by the CaptainAnhyzer tee pads and decided I'd put 4 in to test out here at Hidden Ridge. It's been a bit too wet to complete the final step of filling the gaps with poly sand, but I'm hoping tomorrow is the day. After that, I'm hoping to get at least 1 pad on the remaining 14 holes installed by the end of 2023.

I like the modular design and the fact that I can remove them fairly easily if necessary. One pad worth of material can be hauled home in my 1/2 ton pickup. My tractor isn't great at digging, but I can usually scrape off a decent amount of grass and topsoil to get things somewhat level. Use a flat shovel to fine tune the grade, then a sheet of geofabric, a couple inch bed of compacted limestone gravel, the 4x4 frame, more compacted gravel, then compacted sand. Pavers go in pretty quick and smooth if you're diligent with the prep work.

Not counting the sand and gravel which I have some leftover piles of around the property, I'm in about $150 per pad for the pavers, 4x4's, and poly sand. Took about 4 days working almost entirely solo, but a lot of that time is spent hauling gravel or sand because depending on the tee location, those piles can be 1/4 mile or more away.

Hole 1
attachment.php

Hole 5
attachment.php

Hole 7 prep stage
attachment.php

Attachments

• Hole 1 tee.jpg
    Hole 1 tee.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 128
  • Hole 5 tee.jpg
    Hole 5 tee.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 128
  • Hole 7 tee prep.jpg
    Hole 7 tee prep.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 126
They were out at Blatnick Park yesterday to prep for the Breeze on the 25th
Its on an old landfill so all the gnarly invasive plant life has plenty of fertilizer.

We raged thru the wooded holes to bring them back to their original glory.
12, 13, 14, 17 & 18 were attacked with various implements of destruction.
Hole 4 is all that's left to trim up.

Took a few photos on Saturday to itemize the areas that needed the most attention but only took one "after" shot from tee 13 white.

Before
picture.php

After
picture.php

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere but here goes: Watching tournaments on Jomez, et al - they show the drone footage of the hole and the basket. Often times they show the short baskets on the hole before they get to the long one that will be used. Come round 1, these baskets are gone. (lest there be a black ace! I know, I've come close. Lol!)
Who has the unenviable task of removing these? Where are they stored? How is this done?- do they drive a truck around to each hole? Kudos to whoever does this.

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere but here goes: Watching tournaments on Jomez, et al - they show the drone footage of the hole and the basket. Often times they show the short baskets on the hole before they get to the long one that will be used. Come round 1, these baskets are gone. (lest there be a black ace! I know, I've come close. Lol!)
Who has the unenviable task of removing these? Where are they stored? How is this done?- do they drive a truck around to each hole? Kudos to whoever does this.

Either local staff or DGPT staff (they bring a crew) is moving the baskets. What they drive around to do it is dependent on the site and the equipment available. In general I would think they likely just tuck them away out of sight near the hole if they need a basket in one spot for the ladies and a different spot for the men. As far as tasks go in prepping a course for broadcast that is a teensy weensy one.

They really only need one basket, so 'they' probably store one of the baskets elsewhere long term and switch the other one back and forth for the tournament. Though, I could be wrong especially if they set the course back up for practice after the rounds are over.

YES !!!!
THEY will be pouring a concrete tee pad THIS SUNDAY for the 711' bomber hole at Hyzer Creek !!!!

THEY did it !!
11 dedicated players made the trek out and got their 'crick course karma today. Rain fell ALL DAY but we persevered to pour the best teepad in all of Saratoga County !!!!

picture.php