• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I am THEY

"They" often have a hard time focussing on "their" round because "they're" contemplating something over "there" which needs to be done to improve the course for "them".

28 tees are clear and dry for tomorrow.......... for the players.......because THEY care about them more than anything. :hfive:

404477_540995075925353_1171666659_n.jpg

^^^Captain, that looks great! You should be feted for a month by anyone who plays the ice bowl!

^^Yeah, the picture's perfect: walking away from a job well done. :thmbup:

Oh, and thank the gods that it wasn't sleet that came down first.

Last edited:
I've worked on upkeep at a few different courses. I know how much work it takes to maintain one. The only things I ever really complain about are fairways that are completely uncleared (grass, bushes, briars or small trees) and a lack of signage. Losing your disc on the fairway sucks. But if you're more than 50' off the fairway, you can go dig your disc out of the crap. And by signage, I mean basic things to mark a teepad and basket. Not having a map is not a big deal, but some courses (particularly very open ones) need basic numbering on the pads and baskets so you can tell where to throw from and to. That's really all I ask for from Them.

I was cleaning up my local park after a big storm but was told to stop by other members...THEY will clean it. Still waiting for THEM to do it sadly...but THEY did remove the piles of rubbish we made before being told to stop.

I was cleaning up my local park after a big storm but was told to stop by other members...THEY will clean it. Still waiting for THEM to do it sadly...but THEY did remove the piles of rubbish we made before being told to stop.

THEY don't wait. THEY get it done.

Nate22 is They. :thmbup:

I became a 'THEY' (more like a 'they') recently. Took to carrying a few trash bags with me. Playing a course before the CAC, and only picking up loose trash (not the full bags/cans already on the course) I walked out with two stuffed tall kitchen sized bags. This was an eye-opener, I notice trash, but never really realized how bad it gets. How many empties were around a tee, with 2 trash cans not 300 feet away, on the way to the next hole.

The real eye-opener was the players I ran into out there. It was funny, how, like, shocked they were to see somebody picking up garbage. Blew their minds. Looked at me like I had a d**k growing out of my forehead. Hilarious.

Well done, Toro................ we need to instill this mindset into the next generation of disc golfers because the majority of the public courses depend on it.

Josh Polur is THEY....... he removed this bagfull from Mt Kisco DGC in NY
1004041_397791976997817_2026871653_n.jpg

Josh Winn is THEY!

He started sinking bricks for the red tee locations at Joralemon.
998722_10153009530035704_48039859_n.jpg

I've notice that often when "they" are out working on a course, there are two things in common. 1. There is nobody else around. 2. There is a black lab nearby (my dog too!) looking very, very happy! :thmbup:

Now that is the quickest way to become THEY. If a few people took the time to trash bag their local course, THEY could make an incredible impact in short order. I am inspired, this weekend, I will be THEY.

I fund-raised, designed, installed, and indeed take care of a 9 hole course. No one else is going to take the time like I have with this course because they have no vested interest in it. Of course I have a few good buddies who have come out and taken the time to help with updates and changes but the day to day care taking is solely up to me. It may not be played as much as other local courses and for good reason but that doesn't make it any less of a priority to keep it in good shape. I wish we all had this mindset, but I see this same "not my problem/job" mentality in my neighborhood. People who actually pay dues who couldn't give to craps about our pool, putting umbrellas down during rain, keeping their kids in line, and so on and so on. When you have a sport that is mostly free many people take it for granted and leave it up to "THEM" to keep it looking good. I am "THEY."

Latest posts