• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I am THEY

They...

At public (free) courses we all need to be "they" and pick-up after ourselves and educate those who need to be pointed in the right direction.

Pay courses are another thing entirely. The ones here, for the most part, are pristine. I expect them to be that way since I'm paying to play.

^So when you go to Disneyland do you litter because 'they' have custodians to pick up the trash? Even at P2P I still think you need to do your part, I mean, what are you paying, 5 bucks?

Sorry...Minnesota...I meant 'Valleyfair.'

For real...

^So when you go to Disneyland do you litter because 'they' have custodians to pick up the trash? Even at P2P I still think you need to do your part, I mean, what are you paying, 5 bucks?

Sorry...Minnesota...I meant 'Valleyfair.'

For real...

No, I don't litter. I use trash receptacles. I expect pay courses to be groomed.

If a tree comes down on a public course, we move it.
If a tee-box is snowed in on a public course, we shovel it.
etc., etc., etc.

I expect pay courses to take care of the above. Trash is everyone's concern.

No matter what course I play, if I see trash I pick it up, and I've called people out in the past if I see them liter. Yeah, I'm that guy.
Biz

The usual group of "them" hauled gravel out to 9 tees on Saturday.

Sure would be nice to see some of the new faces that play the course come back next weekend and help with the next 9.

One thing that just kills me is our club actually closes the course on clean-up days. We post signs a week or more in advance that the course will be closed for maintenance. The course is a very tight wooded course...and theres the chance people playing may not know we're working on a particular hole they're playing...and we might not see or hear them.

Anyway...they ignore the signs and get mad when they come across piles of brush and trash on the fairway or near the basket...even though we posted signs.

Was thinking of doing the same thing........once they show up to play, hand 'em a rake and put 'em to work.

15 locals were "They" this past weekend at Central Park in Schenectady......
Aaron
Victor
Ryan
Gene
Greg
Kevin
Zip
Tim
Larry
Chris
Joe
Roy
Kenji
MiJeff
Pete

Holes 1 thru 7 now have benches on the blue tees. New tee board for 17 in place. Window on trailer behind 8 is boarded up..... and 5 has a much more sturdy bridge.

HUGE THANKS TO ALL THAT CAME OUT AND HELPED WITH COURSE IMPROVEMENTS/CLEAN-UP !!!!
430379_370531642971698_100000445959323_1243144_160820457_n.jpg

MORE PICS AT: http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.370531176305078.89267.100000445959323&type=1

Lots of thread necromancy around here recently. Prerube must have finally gotten to us. :)

My resolution for the OP's problem would be to happily and openly share whatever information "they" have with the critics, in a polite, hospitable way, and invite them out to the "they" work days. Most of them will leave with a better awareness of the realities of the course maintenance, and the best of them will join and be assimilated into the collective "they." But if "they" don't share the information "they" have with everybody else, and don't advertise or ask for help with the work, "they" are shooting themselves in the foot and setting themselves up for frustration.

Thanks

Whenever THEY are working on the course, I stop and say thank you. I appreciate all the volunteers who spend their time and effort to maintain public courses. Thanks to all! :clap:

Seneca Creek is looking good in preparation for the Soiree, they're well on their way to adding the third set of tees and third pin positions on most holes, thanks to the current batch of usual suspects. I used to be one of them 'til health got in the way.

Only one they here

My pet peve is the big city disc golfers that say; You could have made the course more challenging if the baskets were closer to the big brown creek.

We'll be glad to throw more plastic into the vacuum if you'll kindly drop a pile of money in our small broke town.:clap:

I'm the guy complaining about how i watched the parks department move a ton of mulch 50' from the basket surrounded by muck but failed to take 5 more minutes to shovel that mulch around the basket and cover up that muck.

I cant believe the amount of rude people posting in the start of the thread lol. Respect the people who help keep the courses looking good!

I am bringing pallets to my course to make a walkway over an area that stays flooded like 2 weeks after rain.

Our course is a crappy little par 3 course where the two longest holes are just over 400, but over the past couple months we've started running Ace Runs and bag tag challenges. We had a problem with too many gumballs on the course, especially the Teepads(which are ****ty natural ones) so yesterday I went out and swept the worse ones with a broom.

I AM HIM!

Latest posts