• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] I broke my ROC!

the best answer, if you want to keep rocs, and use them is to get like 1 KC pro and a few dx. I keep one DX just for super wooded stuff (when new) and let it beat in to turn over. Once this is good, I get another one and use it for the wooded stuff. I also throw most of my tommys and rollers with this disc as it seems to beat in from hitting the ground hard.

Don't like discs that break? Throw Vibram. The Obex is pretty similar to a Roc but it has more grip and durability.

Ftfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan H. View Post
Don't like discs that glide? Throw Vibram. The Obex is pretty similar to a Roc but it has less glide

:popcorn::D

InB4 but, my summit/sole/ibex/trak/lace glides...:/

images

I figured out which disc it is. Rancho DX, still posting a picture as I feel it deserves the respect :)

Perhaps the damage via trees does make this disc feel smaller but I do have another 180g Rancho DX ROC and they feel completely different. Hopefully the other one breaks in eventually to fly somewhat like this guy did.

Thanks all for the responses!

Oh and I do have a buzz for whoever said to get one of those, and the ROC just performs better for me personally, granted I'm also comparing the DX ROC's to the Champion style Buzz, /shrug

Thanks again!

Attachments

• IMG_20130314_215154.jpg
    IMG_20130314_215154.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 41
I figured out which disc it is. Rancho DX, still posting a picture as I feel it deserves the respect :)

Perhaps the damage via trees does make this disc feel smaller but I do have another 180g Rancho DX ROC and they feel completely different. Hopefully the other one breaks in eventually to fly somewhat like this guy did.

Thanks all for the responses!

Oh and I do have a buzz for whoever said to get one of those, and the ROC just performs better for me personally, granted I'm also comparing the DX ROC's to the Champion style Buzz, /shrug

Thanks again!

Judging from the pic, I think that disc has plenty of flights left in it. Dab some epoxy in the crack and touch it all up with a lighter and some plastic welding. Sure, it may not be legal for PDGA tournaments, but should work fine for locals and casual. Don't bury it before it's dead.

Judging from the pic, I think that disc has plenty of flights left in it. Dab some epoxy in the crack and touch it all up with a lighter and some plastic welding. Sure, it may not be legal for PDGA tournaments, but should work fine for locals and casual. Don't bury it before it's dead.

Thanks for the tips, I've been throwing it with the crack on the hole that it has always been my go-to disc. I don't do tournaments so yea, fixing it is an option but I'm also thinking that would just be putting off the inevitable. Hopefully I can re-train the other ROC to take it's place.