• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rate my bag! Jaceo's ITB

Jaceo

Hi everyone! I thought this would be a fun project, to list what I'm currently throwing, and maybe get some feedback from y'all.

Background: I have played over 200 rounds of DG since i picked up the game in September 2020, I am 16 years old, around 6 feet tall, 130 lbs. with very long arms/big hands. I play (and have won) in MA1 and have the course record at several local courses. I am currently 940 rated
Time Playing: 16 months
Handedness: Right-handed
Throwing style: BH is preference, short but accurate FH, Thumbers occasionally, fairly good BH roller game as well
Golf line distance: I out-throw most everyone local in MA1, if i had to put numbers on it, i would throw BH comfortably: 250 ft and under with putters, 300 and under with my rocs, 350 and below with firebirds/teebirds, and 400 and under with destroyers. However, if you put me in a field thats is flat/no wind, i will probably hit 450 at least 1 out of 10 times. My FH distance maxes out around 320 with fairways/220 with putters.

Now for what i throw. All putters-mids-fairways are max weight

the Bag: Atlas Pioneer
whats in it:
Putters: Putter line Challengers(2) beat up, putting and flippy putter throws
Luster invader- for more stable throws than the challys/straight flicks
Vip Harp-very broke in, only for BH, 3 aces with it
Bt soft harp-little sidearm upshots
Mids: Dx Rocs(2) one quite flippy, one still somewhat fresh
2021 usdgc star rancho roc for the OS mid slot
Fairway: Champ firebird, bought used, pretty broke in/great for sidearms.
Champ Teebird3, also very broke in/hyzerflip disc
lucid escape, just got/trying it out
ESP heat, rollers and hyzer-turnovers
Distance: 175 first run Hades flippy
167 star destroyer/max D
175 S line DD3 beat and flat/sidearms
171 champ destroyer/domey/somewhat OS
175 400g D2 just found/trying out
Utility: Neo Mutant
Champ Teerex-x
both insane overstable for crazy wind

Now... my questions, do i have any gaps in my bag, is there a disc i "have" to try out? Is there a shot that it looks like i dont have?

I play (and have won) in MA1 and have the course record at several local courses. I am currently 940 rated

I read the whole post but after this part I knew I wasn't going to comment on what you bagged.

The quote from your post above combined with your age and your relatively short time playing and I would say whatever you're bagging seems to be working for your game.

Obviously, I don't know you or your game but I can say that a lot of the game is mental (shot selection, knowing when and when not to run something, playing within your abilities regardless of who you get carded up with, not letting mistakes rattle you, etc.) and that some of the mental game is going to come easier as you get a little older and have more experience playing.

Maybe a little thin on fairway drivers? Depending how that Escape flies for you.

Otherwise, you might have too many choices at DD.

I dunno. I'm pretty much the opposite of tall skinny teenager who bombs.

i wouldnt choose your bag/set up

but for you if it aint broke dont fix it

Update:
Sold the Hades, bought a new Ricky harp to replace the old harp. I added a (flippy) firebird to the bag as well and kicked the teerex out (i didn't ever use it). Then yesterday I found a Quantum JLS that I lost almost a year ago. Its a great understable compliment to my Teebird3.

bought a new Ricky harp to replace the old harp.

Hmm. Your profile says you started playing in 2020. I bagged the same Harp for three years and it is affectionately nicknamed the Taco because it's so warped and beat up but I wouldn't hesitate to stick it back in my bag today. What did you not like about your "old" Harp? Just wanting the new Ricky one is a perfectly acceptable answer but I'm just curious.

Well, I have 4 harps. To tel you the full story, I got a BT soft one when I first started, for forehand upshots and I have used it so much(it's probably similar to your "Taco"😄) that I can't get good releases with it any more. I have a new BT medium in the bag for forehand's now. For backhands, I was throwing a super beat up VIP harp, and I just wanted to retire it due to the three aces with it(and cuz the Ricky one looks a lot nicer😆). Yes, I am one of the people who retire discs for sentimental reasons. It may rotate in the bag still, as it is far less overstable than the Ricky.

Wow my bag changes a lot when I can't play!

Lost the D2, so now my bag looks like:

Champion Destroyer(171)
S-DD3(175)
Star Destroyer(167)
Pro Destroyer(175)-just got this old beat up one from a friend
Champion Firebird(175)
Marwede Firebird(175)(Flippy)
Champion Teebird3(175)
Q-JLS(171)
Neo Mutant(180)
USDGC Roc(180)
Dx Rocs(178,180)
Ricky Harp(176)
NEW BT Medium Harp(176)
OLD BT Soft Harp(176)
Luster Invader(175)
Challengers x2(174)(flippy)

I'm now working on mold minimalism. Thinking of getting a DX or XT invader, so i dont have to throw my challengers. Any thoughts on the baseline vs champ invader?

Also looking at Polecats, I used to putt with dx ones, but i lost one and the other one cracked. I want to see if they fit into my game now, but if i break down and buy one, should i go max weight or 140s-150s, for more floaty shots?

Last edited:
I play (and have won) in MA1 and have the course record at several local courses. I am currently 940 rated

I added a (flippy) firebird to the bag

I was throwing a super beat up VIP harp, and I just wanted to retire it due to the three aces with it

16 years old. Throws hard enough to consider a Firebird flippy. 940 rated within 1.5 years of learning the game. 3 aces in that same span of time with a single disc. OK kid, tell us your name. I want to be able to say "I commented on his ITB thread" when you win your first DGPT tourney :)

And just so ya'll know, there's at least 5 other locals about my age that could beat me on any given day

Update:
2 challengers
2 invaders, 1 dx, 1 luster
2 harps, 1 medium, 1 vip-x
3 rocs, 1 star, 2 dx
mutant
ESP heat
QJLS
Teebird3
Thunderbird (new champ) very nice disc
2 firebirds: 1 glow, 1 stock champ
5 destroyers: 1 pro, 1 mcbeth 4x, 1 champ, 2 ricky raptors
1 DD3

Hit 973 rated today! 1000 should be close after 975!

Attachments

• EC11D877-FDF9-474E-83F3-3FBCCA8F922A.jpg
    EC11D877-FDF9-474E-83F3-3FBCCA8F922A.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 7