• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] I Can't See TIEDYE Discs on the ground!

tu-f-o

Double Eagle Member
It's really hard to spot these discs after throwing them. Is there some type of marker or paint that can make them totally visible when laying in grass and dirt and shadows??

Tie-dye discs often blend in with the underbrush, and grasses. Like was mentioned, either buy neon colored dyed discs, or throw something else if you keep losing them.

Even good red or pink tiedyes are just hard to see in my experience. I just don't throw them anymore.

Throw them next to the basket and you'll always know where to find them.

Does anyone know if spraying graffiti on a disc works?
Does the color stay on the disc forever despite washing etc?

I need a solution to this hippy camo, as grungedude calls it lol

Does anyone know if spraying graffiti on a disc works?
Does the color stay on the disc forever despite washing etc?

I need a solution to this hippy camo, as grungedude calls it lol

Spraying paint on your disc would ruin the grip add weight and make it non-pdga legal.

Just buy a new disc...

I have had one. Will never buy again. I don't like the way they look in flight anyway.

Oh, and one of the Discraft Ti colors looks like it was made from ground pine straw. Real nice Discraft!

Hippies like to look for stuff lost in the grass.
Quoted for truth! Haha. Ground scores, they call them.

We have a Champion Beast that never gets thrown because it is a tie-dye blue and green which would be very hard to spot. Plus, tie-dye is just ugly anyway.

As if you needed another reason to hate tie-dye.

I make sure all my discs are bright colors that don't occur naturally in the forest.

I found a crazy tie dye comet laying out in the open in a shadow under a tree.. I don't throw tie dye because it just finds a way to blend in too easily. Stick to bright reds, oranges, yellows, and whatever other super bright colors you find... They are the easiest to spot.

You are not alone. Found a nearly new Tie-dye Teebird on the ground not 50 feet from the Practice Putting Pin at Dela once, it was almost invisible sitting there. No name on it so I kept it but it was so hard to see I gave it away. Now my friend never uses it because he is always afraid he will loose it.

My buddy got a huck labs M4 that is orangish, and for some reason we always have trouble seeing that one in the fairway too. Just mixes well with ground and dried grass.

Latest posts