• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] I Can't See TIEDYE Discs on the ground!

I don't like how you can't find them either. I was temped to pick up some MVP ones but I am good. I bought a Teebird like that and it sucked. Seem to not fly as well. However I do use my Buzzz's with Tie-Dye.. One is the American Flag colors and the other is Pink, Blue, and White so real easy to see.

One of my first 3 disc was a tie-dye Leo. Great disc, just never threw it because it was a pain to find.

I do agree with the poor color choices there seem to be with the Ti plastics from Discraft. No issues with the orange, but some others are just not worth it. I really like black putters and for whatever reason I have had no real issues finding them after errant throws.

My bag is like 80% bright ass green/yellow discs. almost impossible to lose. When i first started i got the dyed discs and then ended up losing them and realized i shouldn't be spending $18+ on a disc i can lose so easily in woods/grass.

Just thinking, while spraypainting it would make it illegal by PDGA standards, how about covering the disc with a silver Sharpie?

I did some doodling on a disc with one, and that seems to really stand out in the grass.

Just thinking, while spraypainting it would make it illegal by PDGA standards, how about covering the disc with a silver Sharpie?

I did some doodling on a disc with one, and that seems to really stand out in the grass.

Interesting. How's the durability of that ink? Will it scrape off in a round or two of being thrown and bagged?

good question!

Interesting. How's the durability of that ink? Will it scrape off in a round or two of being thrown and bagged?

I would also like to know if this will work.
What if I just dyed the whole disc a brighter color, can you even DYE a TYE DYE Champion plastic disc?

I can't believe it's illegal to spray graffiti but it's ok to dye a disc with a paintjob...

Painting is illegal because a layer of paint would change the weight of the disc. Dyeing it doesn't.

Latest posts