• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I dont always lose discs, but when I do...

You and I were probably playing around the same time! Pretty quiet with the rain, which was sort of nice. :thmbup:

I miss my Ti Wasp, but am sort of excited to get a hot pink one that I WON'T LOSE at Glide next week.

:|

I don't always lose discs, when I do, I lose a bunch at a time. I played dubs at vista in phoenix today, lost 2 discs in the first round. I ended up buying a new driver because those were the only 2 drivers in my bag that I felt comfortable with. Next round I ended up losing my new driver at the same hole I lost the others at.

I usually chalk those mystery disappearances up to String Theory. I assume all the atoms randomly aligned and provided a portal for my disc to travel through into an alternate universe. Seems to be the only logical explanation sometimes.

I only hope that I get some good use out of the disc before it disappears and then hope I've brought disc golf to the other universe. Doing my part to spread this great game to everywhere I can.

I don't always lose discs, but when I do...

its because I forget to pick them up.

If its not me being a stuff loser...

I know that the Diamond X Gnomes got them.

In the end, whether I forget stuff really easily or the disc just isn't where it landed...

I just go to my toy room and grab a backup then get on the MP and try to get more backups.

I guess based on the discs that I have lost, it's understable for me too. But it's not the stability it's a particular mold that just happens to be understable. Far and away the disc I most often have lost is a Leopard. And mostly a 150g Champion, although I've lost Star, Pro, and DX as well. The reason for this is simple, I throw them a lot.

If I look at the other discs I've lost, it's mostly overstable, Flicks, Nukes, etc. And again it isn't so much the stability, as it is the mold.

I've lost mostly wizards and rocs, which makes sense since I take about 90% of my shots with those two molds.

You steal TimG's discs? that's low... hes just trying to give us a site to whine on.

Timg and I golf together frequently. I'm stating coincidentally, if I lose a disc during a round, he tends to lose one of his also.

I just visited family in Charlotte myself and Renny Gold certainly had some rough areas. How about that steep drop 3/4's the way down 18's fairway? Brutal, glad I didn't try a roller :D

Aside from Renny and Winthrop I also threw Winget and it was a lot of fun. I never see any discussion about it with the bigger courses nearby, but it was fun, medium difficulty and easy to navigate. My family and girlfriend liked it there. Winthrop in the hot sun, not so much haha.

Managed to come back with all my discs, plus a few extras from Alpine Ski Center in Charlotte.

Last edited:
I don't always lose discs but when I do, I really make sure they are lost for good. Nothing like hyzering out a disc on a hole where hyzering out is a 900 drop down to a pit of despair. Thanks Four Mounds for eating so many of my discs.

there's a water hole that i lose a lot of discs on

no special type of disc, i just go to pias and scan the used bins for something i am familiar with that i wouldn't mind losing

Just got back from USDGC.

Lost 6 discs at Winthrop, only got one back. Someone also nabbed my stool while I was putting at the hospitality area. Why anyone would take an old beat-up camptime stool with someone's name sharpied super big on the top is beyond me?

It was an understable stool though, so I guess that helps confirm the OP's suggestion.

I don't always lose discs, but when I do... it's while warming up for a tournament.

Latest posts