• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I got sidearm game

One of the takeaways and successes I had from the DFP thread http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121557&highlight=dfp on backhand was the using a looser grip which is helping me to get more distance. So this week I thought I would try the same thing for the forehand. It has improved my FH throw tremendously. Is that the "trick" for forehand, holding the disc instead of actually gripping it tight? The disc now just flies out smoothly and accurately whereas before it was all over the place. Also, there is less pain in the shoulder when throwing.

Right on! Tension..too much, is bad!

I started throwing forehands about 5 weeks ago & I've been getting really good at it. So today I measured 2 of my throws & from a standstill I threw 328 & 322. So not bad just starting out, and just now I checked out the records for the past 7 day on my UDISC app. There's guys out there throwing 5 & 600 feet! That's impressive!

Will adding steps improve my distance? I've tried it out a few time but the throws weren't that good.
In the last tournament I played a guy in my group said that I really throw the crap out of it..at times I can throw some real bombs..it's a lot of fun. So next I need to watch a few videos on FH on Youtube. Any recommendations?

Tight grip, loose wrist?

Yeah I think so. You need some pop/snap in the wrist. Too tight a grip can cause a Tight arm which is bad and slow. I cranked one in the field a couple days ago maybe 375. I didn't measure but when I was going out to pick up my discs it was the longest one and I threw a couple backhands too.

I started throwing forehands about 5 weeks ago & I've been getting really good at it. So today I measured 2 of my throws & from a standstill I threw 328 & 322. So not bad just starting out, and just now I checked out the records for the past 7 day on my UDISC app. There's guys out there throwing 5 & 600 feet! That's impressive!

Will adding steps improve my distance? I've tried it out a few time but the throws weren't that good.
In the last tournament I played a guy in my group said that I really throw the crap out of it..at times I can throw some real bombs..it's a lot of fun. So next I need to watch a few videos on FH on Youtube. Any recommendations?

Search Ricky Wysocki and Jeremy Koling Sidearm or Forehand.