• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I HATE poison ivy

My gf seems to be completely immune, she can push through large patches of it and never show a reaction. My reaction is mild, and if I don't scratch it will go away within 24 hours, but I rarely get it as she always offers to get my disc out of poison oak or ivy for me. :)

I'm not sure why no one has say anything about this but BURN IT. No, I don't mean with fire, but the next time you are in the shower start with warm water, then turn up the heat. Not all at once or you will not get as good of a reaction. If you slowly increase the heat of the water till it's almost burning you and aim it right at the poison ivy it give you an amazing feeling as if you were scratching it really really deep. (tip: If the Poison Ivy is on your lower leg you should be able to stand hotter water, where you should be more careful if you are "burning" more sensitive skin) So when you go through this process it will feel way WAY better than scratching it, and when you get all dried off you will have relief from the itchy feeling for hours and hours. I've had it alot and done research on it.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/394710/how_to_stop_the_itch_of_poison_ivy.html?cat=5

HAPPY HOT SHOWERS!!!

HAPPY HOT SHOWERS!!![/QUOTE]

I used a hairdryer for the same effect. Just held it on the area until I couldnt stand it anymore or smelled burning flesh and there was really no itching for about 8 hours.

Latest posts