• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I have never thrown a Roc...

Grab yourself a dx rancho roc that's stiff and not waxy, and give it a try. Don't bother with the expensive or boutique rocs.

i second this, never threw a roc before until i found this. Now its a perm add to my bag for now. Its my windy day, super stable, complimenting my understable buzzz disc.

anyway, I do not like the roc. Buzzz and wasp combo, imo, is a better team than a beat roc and new roc. I have tried both, and buzzz and wasp got into my bag.

Words cannot describe the ROC. Instead please refer to the picture below.
sharks-with-lasers.gif

dr-evil.JPG

The Buzzz is for people who want to throw a shorter driver. The Roc is for people who want to throw a longer putter.

I never thought of it like that, well said. I'm a buzzz thrower but I've been getting ideas about putting a Roc in my bag.

anachronism fail.

SAT vocab use FTW!

I carry a beat kc pro roc and a buzzz, they both get used depending on the shot. Buy a cheap one and go throw it, its all a preference thing

Last edited:
I throw a Hyzer Flip, and a ROC has always been just a little too overstable for what I am looking for. Very predictable, though.

For what it's worth, I don't throw a Buzzz either, though.

I think the ROC is such a loved disc because it is predictable, and it can be hammered on before it will turn over. Guys push those things out over 400 (not me....wish I had that kind of arm) with crazzy accuracy.

Buy one and try it. $7, ya know?

I got a buzzz before I got a roc. I loved the buzzz, but still bought the roc to try out. I loved the roc when I first started to throw it. It was nicely overstable and very predictable, even in the wind. Then, it started to beat in and became more and more like my buzzz so I quit throwing it as much. I decided to throw it again one day in the wind and it flipped over and flew over a fence and into some deep weeds never to be seen again.

Now I throw a Z Wasp for overstable/wind duties.

I own a Dx Roc a 2009 Worlds Biggest that I purchased at Disc Nation.
Fact is ,I've threw it once into a tree then never tried it again, Then I pulled out my Buzzz that I bought on the same day.
Long story short, I never tried the Roc again. Am I missing something?

Everyone needs to try a Roc to great a disc to not try. I personally prefer Buzzz's but that was only after I decided the Roc wasn't working for me.

I think it's obvious from this thread. That many of you don't understand the roc. A buzzz and a roc fly and perform in very different ways. A roc glides on air and buzzz cuts the air. To expect the same thing from both is madness.

I throw a Hyzer Flip, and a ROC has always been just a little too overstable for what I am looking for. Very predictable, though.
They're supposed to start off like that. Then they beat in to super easy to control with little fade.

If you haven't thrown a Roc (when I say "Roc" I always mean KC Pro or DX, both Rancho mold) from the time it was new and a bit too overstable to the time when it turns over easily you haven't really tried a Roc.

The Buzzz is for people who want to throw a shorter driver. The Roc is for people who want to throw a longer putter.

I'm glad to hear that sentiment about the Buzzz, I've tried to explain that to people and always get a lot of weird looks. I feel the same way about the Comet as you do about the Roc.

I've been throwing the Buzzz for about 6 months now, but never got rid of my Rocs. I think the experience I have with Comets now might make me enjoy the Roc more and allow me to further explore the nuances of that magic disc.