• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I learned a new throw today. The Chicken Wing. Any other throws rarely seen today?

I saw a guy with that turbo putt disc at my local course the other day as I was leaving. I wish I could have stuck around to see him putt.

Somebody mentioned they thought thumbers were useless. On no-ceiling holes and non windy days its my favorite shot anywhere from 160'-260'. If I get it right it comes down bounces and sits.

The chicken wing looks interesting, I'll be giving it a try tomorrow.

I have that disc and it sucks, I can hit from up to 40' with my turbo putt (the shot, not the disc) but I can hardly get that crappy disc to fly more than 15', it has no glide at all.

if you do it upside down is it still turbo putt(thats how i do it), and whats the deal with that putter is it right side up and which side do you put you thumb on ?

Back in the day when I first saw the turbo, Steve Slasor (PDGA #055?) used to putt it upside down. He said right side up was the turbo, upside down was "the twist".