• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] I lost my 11x KC pro teebird in the water...

moorent

Eagle Member
In the event that I can't recover it, what are the best current production alternatives to a nice and stable 11x?

just find one of the older 12x, some of them r very nice and stable.

I just retrieved it.

I don't carry discs around to not throw them. If you are so attached to a disc that you can't bring yourself to play the game there is something wrong.

I would say a nice Z Tracker would be a close fit. When I was trying it out I felt it was dead on in flight to my CE Teebird and it was about the same distance, maybe a bit longer. Another Teebirdish disc is the Lat 64 Striker. Don't know why it was a bad thing, but it was too long for what I wanted. So it was a tweener disc for me....too short for a driver and to long for a fairway disc.

There are some discs out there that I can justify not throwing. Why throw a 1 of 100 black proto star wraith when I can throw a $10 wraith they made tens of thousands of and can replace for a few bucks? Some discs are just for looking but they are few and far between. I would rather play than look but some discs have no practical reason to throw as they would lose their beauty and value.

Glad you found your disc!

Well people don't carry discs around not to throw them, they just don't throw their better discs on holes where they have a higher chance of losing them. If you don't want to lose one of your better discs, then it would only make sense to throw it on holes where you have a lesser chance of losing it. I'm guessing your teebird was one of your better discs.

I recently watched someone I know accidently turn over a CE Valk 100 feet the wrong direction into a lake. Ooops.

This is why I carry DX versions of my primary driver when I go to courses with water.

I have lost a few discs to water but there have only been a time or two that I threw something really pricey in. The only one that comes to mind was a sweet bar stamped 4X Valk that was opaque and in great shape. I think that was the last one and I felt so dumb for doing it that I haven't thrown discs I care that much about near water since.

Back on topic...

I have a new 12x (new enough to have the flight numbers on the stamp) that has significantly more dome and is quite a bit less stable; are all of the new ones like this?

11X are usually more stable, and they should be too hard to find. I've seen a bunch in the marketplace in the last month or so.

I don't carry discs around to not throw them. If you are so attached to a disc that you can't bring yourself to play the game there is something wrong.

i throw my son up in the air and catch him.. just not near cliffs.

Latest posts