• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I love my club

davetherocketguy

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
So today we had our first Christmas party as a club.

Some of the club members decided to get me a Zuca cart to show their appreciation of all my work over the year. Look carefully at the pictures and yes, you do see some pin-striping. Freaking awesome. And yes, they do refer to me as King Dave. Donno why lol. I think it goes back some months when the Bud Light "Dilly dilly" thing was all the rage and I was bemoaning it haha.

So this post is a giant thank you to my club. I still can't believe this happened today.

-Dave

Attachments

• IMG_0904.jpg
    IMG_0904.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 186
I love my Club too !!!

They got me this custom hat back in 2014, around the time I'd run 30-35 tournaments. I ran the 57th DisCap event last month.

picture.php

That's awesome.Our club was so small and it seemed that people just quit showing up because they didnt wanna play the courses around here and it sucks ,there really isn't a club around here anymore.Im thinking of getting one started after the holidays.

That's awesome.Our club was so small and it seemed that people just quit showing up because they didnt wanna play the courses around here and it sucks ,there really isn't a club around here anymore.Im thinking of getting one started after the holidays.

What's wrong with the courses where you are?

To have a decent club I feel you have to have 2 things:

1. A well organized person to run it who is in tune with the local players
2. A decent course.

If you're missing either it's like pushing rope uphill.

-Dave

Mu local club has gone from being 65+, down to 20 active players at most. There has been talk multiple times of starting a second league in order to "fix" the first leagues mistakes, but nothing has ever materialised. Most of the best players didn't play leagie this year, or were very limited in their play.

What's wrong with the courses where you are?

To have a decent club I feel you have to have 2 things:

1. A well organized person to run it who is in tune with the local players
2. A decent course.

If you're missing either it's like pushing rope uphill.

-Dave

Alternatively, have an extra awesome well organized person who devotes countless hours working with local parks departments to create and improve course options.

These are the kind of people who sometimes receive personalized Zuca carts as Christmas presents. :thmbup:

Thanks for all you've done for Berrien County Discgolf, Dave!

Do it. I did it in 2010 with a friend to get the jungle of a 9-holer cleaned up, and the rest is history. We are not the biggest of clubs but have been holding steady at about 60-70 members for several years, and the course is now one of the most liked in southern central Finland. Too bad we have to remake 80% of it because other sports are spreading into the area.

But yes. I LOVE MY CLUB too, 4eva.

Mu local club has gone from being 65+, down to 20 active players at most. There has been talk multiple times of starting a second league in order to "fix" the first leagues mistakes, but nothing has ever materialised. Most of the best players didn't play leagie this year, or were very limited in their play.

How long did it take to drop from 65?