• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My 1st Day of Disc Golf Was Today.....

I just played 3 courses in Hickory today, Glenn C. was my "cool down." You can't play that course without hitting a goodly amount of trees. If you need a more open course to cut your teeth on, the Bear is pretty sweet.

As far as your midrange dilemma goes, some molds/plastics just feel better than others, there's a lot of subjectivity.

What I would like to do is lower the weight of a couple of my disc, find something that will fly straight (with a slower swing speed...I guess understable), something that will get decent distance (with a slower throw, so I'm not trying to overthrow it), and then concentrate on my form.
Comet. You want a Comet. Probably an X Comet or lightweight Z/ESP.

Anywho, your first round was a good read. Thanks for sharing, keep having fun and try not to hurt yourself.

I will say that I still had problems with the Buzzz SS. I'm not sure if it's the plastic, or the rim, or what, but it continually slips out of my hand and ends up to the left so I've removed it from my bag for right now. I've also removed the Swan 1 Reborn for the time being...two putters, that I have more confidence in, should be good enough.

Its good to trim the fat so to speak if you don't like these molds now. The Aviar/Pure combo and your Shark will be more than enough mids and putters in your first couple months

At some point I would like to add another mid so I would have 2 putters, 2 mids, 2 fairway drivers, and 1 distance driver but for now I'm just going to concentrate on repeating the form I found tonight.

This is a good idea, just don't add extra variables in too quickly. Do not go crazy and add new discs into your lineup every week. It sounds like you have a nice head start on most new players by getting appropriate discs for learning the game. Don't do yourself a disservice by adding in new molds and replacing ones constantly. Once you have a better grip on the basic techniques then you will be able to make more informed decisions when it comes to the molds you want in your bag. Don't be that guy that thinks new discs will make you better, most of the time they won't, but practice will. I'd wait at least 1-2 months before adding anything else.

Last edited:
Last two posts are very good ones... Best advice you're gonna get ;)

They all fly about the same. I'd be very hesitant in getting a Star Mako3 in anything under 165g or so, just because I think it'd start getting a bit understable.

I just looked at the inventory on Infinitediscs.com, and there weren't any Star under 166g or Champion under 173g. So, I'd probably recommend the Star at 166g.

I've thrown the first Champ Mako3 since I got it over a year ago, and it is one of two go-to mids I have. It gets a lot of use.

It looks like I have the following choices in the Mako3:
Champion: 167g through 177g, and then 180g
GStar: 169g, 173g through 176g, and then 180g
Star: 167g through 177g, and then 180g

Gotta choose one for a heavily wooded home course.

TripleB

This guy joined one year after I did and is already a par member while I'm still a newby?

I'm outraged!

Play more, type less.......

It looks like I have the following choices in the Mako3:
Champion: 167g through 177g, and then 180g
GStar: 169g, 173g through 176g, and then 180g
Star: 167g through 177g, and then 180g

Gotta choose one for a heavily wooded home course.

TripleB

I'd go with the Champion. It will take those tree hits effortlessly. Ask how I know. :D

Latest posts