• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I need an understable mid suggestions please!

Scouser17

Par Member
I currenlty bag the hornet and crystal buzzz cuz i love the rims and how they feel. I'm currently trying to find an understable mid that has that same feel. I'm leaning towards purchasing a buzzz ss since it should be similar. I was also looking for some other suggestions if tehre are any discs from other companies with a similar rim compared to buzzz and hornet. thanks

ive tried a couple meteors but i cant seem to find a flat top one yet. they always seem to be a lil' domey

Tangent. Not truly US but will compliment the hornet nicely when seasoned in and slower than a buzzz. Its beaded too.

Last edited:
The 3 mako3's that I've thrown all had a small dome to them, but dang do they feel nice in the hand. I would give one a try if I were you. They aren't super understable but will hold almost any line you put them on. Or you could throw a westside tursas and check it out if you want one more understable.

ive tried a couple meteors but i cant seem to find a flat top one yet. they always seem to be a lil' domey

Is there any specific reason you can't throw with a slightly domey disc? If you haven't actually given them a try just because of this I highly recommend you do. They are extremely versatile and easy to throw; Put power on it and watch it turn and glide for days and finish flat, throw it flat and under powered and it will go exactly where you point it (absolutely amazing for getting out of places where you don't have room to make a full throw), and while I don't throw hyzer flips too often these discs are absolutely golden for it.

IMO they are one of, if not, the best discs ever made.

Is there any specific reason you can't throw with a slightly domey disc? If you haven't actually given them a try just because of this I highly recommend you do. They are extremely versatile and easy to throw; Put power on it and watch it turn and glide for days and finish flat, throw it flat and under powered and it will go exactly where you point it (absolutely amazing for getting out of places where you don't have room to make a full throw), and while I don't throw hyzer flips too often these discs are absolutely golden for it.

IMO they are one of, if not, the best discs ever made.
:clap: I have never understood why people have some hangup about domey discs. They can still be great. My Star Teebird and Roc are pretty domey and they fly just dandy. A domey Meteor will fly just as well as a flat one. I don't really think it's worth nitpicking.

Stick with the Meteors, or the Tangent. No need to add a Buzzz SS to your arsenal of slightly used discs. I've got a pretty beat Tangent (pretty flat) that you can have the next time I see you. I swear, you would destroy Z or me on the course if you didn't change up your bag every week.

Enjoy the rest of your week and I'll see you on the course soon.

Havnt found anything that turns and glides like my stingray.

Same here! :thmbup:

However, with the shallow rim and general shape of the Stingray, the feel of the disc is pretty different from a Hornet or Buzzz, IMO. Oddly, my mid setup is Hornet, Buzzz, and Stingrays and I am very happy with it.

I throw the Meteor in that slot. Other discs that work as well are the Fuse and Tangent.

I just picked an X Comet for the US mid slot and I love it. But it doesn't feel like buzz and isn't flat...

The 3 mako3's that I've thrown all had a small dome to them, but dang do they feel nice in the hand. I would give one a try if I were you. They aren't super understable but will hold almost any line you put them on.

I second this!

. I found a discraft stratus at the used bin at my llocal shop and it ended up being perfect flat and the rim felt similar to the hornet and buzz. i'm giong to keep the tangent as my backup. thanks for all th adivce

If you want something similar to the Buzzz, the Meteor is probably your best choice. I'm personally a fan of the Flying Squirrel. It's a little slower and doesn't suffer from low speed overstability nearly as bad as the standards, the Meteor and Fuse.

Glad to hear the Stratus is getting the job done for you though.

The flying squirrel has a beautiful flight, and I also like the panther or tursas for this slot.

Latest posts