• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I need help with my driver line up

pnasalberta

Eagle Member
So I disced down and now i have tons of teebirds and TLs which i didnt think was a bad thing but when i wanted to put in max distance drivers and had little room in my bag it was. My drivers are as follows

165g Star destroyer- super straight with nice finish
171g FR Star Archon-Hyzer flip not used as much now because of more snap
168 P-PD still learning this disc
174 Z reaper- wind/hyzer spike
167 11x teebird- OS Teebird
166 CFR Tl- newish havent thrown much
168 TL+ used to love this but others are taking its place
171 CRF FD- shorter hyzer flips
167 11X Teebird- Longer than FD my go to distance driver about 350ft
170 DX Teebird- flippy, nice to throw when i cant run up.

I want to add some max-d drivers because I went to a tournement and I was getting beaten by people who were getting more D than me and shooting birdies when i had to take a par. So if you can provide any tips on discs and what to cut that would be great.

How do you throw. Distances and style would help (ratio of BH/FH)

For what you have, I'd go with:

165g Star destroyer- super straight with nice finish
168 P-PD still learning this disc
167 11x teebird- OS Teebird
167 11X Teebird- Longer than FD my go to distance driver about 350ft
170 DX Teebird- flippy, nice to throw when i cant run up.

And you don't really need these. The 3 Teebirds seem to cover the same shots with 1 mold. but you can pick one of these that you like the most if you feel the need for them:
166 CFR Tl- newish havent thrown much
171 CRF FD- shorter hyzer flips

If you throw both BH and FH well, then that should be fine. If you don't then you need something a little more understable. Maybe a Leopard or a seasoned River for the fairway, and something like an Avenger SS of longer Annys.

I'd also look into getting a blizzard destroyer. It might be a nice compliment your star.

If you only throw RHBH then you look like you need an understable disc in there. Take a look at the River and Leopard for fairways and the Avenger SS for longer turnovers. Those would be my suggestions.

I'm a huge advocate for the Avenger SS for rollers(lighter weights) and turnovers(heavier weights). Especially for Ams like us they work great.

My flippy 11X is flippy like super flippy more so than a leapord and i can not stand discraft drivers, i've thrown a surge, Avanger SS, Surge SS, Pulse and force they just didnt stick