• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I need some help guys

So today I decided to buy some waders and go out in the shi**y weather and wade around the lake at my local course (Lake Alliance, Potterville, Michigan) Now if I go through all of the trouble that the original owners of the disc couldn't then should I call them and ask for a finder's fee or just give them the discs back or not call at all? Please give me your opinion on the subject.

it's all about karma...
name... call
no name... it's yours

You know what? I'm usually all for the karma call, but if you want to wade out in the stink and dredge up some plastic, I think you're welcome to it.

i with Noill, name, return it. no name, it's yours.

although, usually when you call them, the people will tell you to keep it

similar thread being discussed today. you wont get an answer your looking for so just do whatever you want.

i'd pay 2 bucks for a disc a lost. hell, i'd probably pay 5 if it was a good one

or just beat you up and take them all :)

I am going to throw discs at you while you are in the water for starting this thread. Seriously though this exact question is still being discussed in the other thread and in 45 others. Basically most people say return if name. I addes do not go out of your way to return it. Your duty is to call, they have to get it. Getting a finders fee is great and if they give you one cool, but don't demand it. Hope you find something nice with no ink for your troubles.

If you're asking that question here, you're probably in a fight between your desire to keep some plastic and your sense of common decency. Ink = Call. No = Keep. Like agent_peebody said, most of the time you can't reach the person, the won't call you back, or they'll just tell you to keep it. Return those that can be returned and your payoff will be the discs with no ink and a clear conscience.

Do whatever your conscience tells you to. Simple as that.

NO name no claim.

It feels really good to get a lost disc back so just think that you will be giving someone that good feeling if you return their disc.

No name, it's yours. Name, throw it back in the water and let the owner wade through the water himself.

Would you do that to your beautiful country? Think of the beavers and moose that are being hampered by golf discs. :\

You can't lose plastic throwing it into a frozen lake, I'm just speculating.

Edit: After reading this, I have an overwhelming urge to fix that to ovulating. Just sayin'.

If I loose my disc out on the course( in the bushes or laying in the basket) and it has my info on it I hope that someone would do what I do and return the disc.
If I loose my disc in a lake or pond I write that disc off immediatly. It's GONE. If someone retreives it from the lake and calls me to see if I want it back I tell them to keep it.
I have found 20 so far and have called every number on the discs (some have two numbers on them).

On Dry Land:
Call the numbers and return the discs/ no questions asked. Leave a message and it's up to them to get back to you in 2 weeks or less and make arrangements to get the disc back. ( no money changes hands)
Out of a Lake:
Call the numbers and let them know where and how (lake diving/ect.) you found it. Ask if they would give you a 2 or 3 dollar finders fee for the disc. If they say ( Heck No!) then be polite and tell them that you will put the disc back where you found it.

Straight up agree with peabody. That's sounds like a lot of trouble, and they didn't do any work for it. I'd make em' pay.